Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Favourites Panel

• Create an Issue

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a similar structure for the favourites panel as to the "All Entries" panel? I.e. with the expandable/contractable groups.

We have quite a lot of clients added to ours, however a lot of us only regularly use maybe 5% of them, which makes it slightly time consuming to find the client you're looking for.

Adding to the favourites kind of works, but doesn't display it as nicely and its in an all expanded format.

Regards
Mark

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This is already on my todo list. I'm not sure if we will have the time to complete this for the v9.0 beta.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I'm guessing this got added recently?

I don't have that many favourites, I'd like to switch it back to a list view without the folders/sub-folders structure, I tried turning off "Show groups in the favourites list" and restarting the program but it didn't appear to change anything, using 11.7.3.0

Andrew

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

You can right click in the bar where there is the checkboxes "apply filter" and "show sub connection" and it will show you a menu with different view options:

2016 10 13 8 03 08 AM

Could you try this out?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2016-10-13 8-03-08 AM.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hmm... whatever I try it doesn't look quite right, what you have pictured is what I would like by my "List View" has the Tree location above each item and the Font size is a bit on the large side compared to "Open Sessions" and "Most Recently Used" tabs.

Andrew

Clock3 yrs

Hello Andrew,

Could you take a screenshot of what the "list" option looks like, and what your "most recently used" tab looks like? I'm unable to reproduce that issue with 11.7.3.0 or the latest version.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Hubert,

I updated to 11.7.6.0 this morning and it's appearing as per your earlier screenshot now.

Andrew

Clock3 yrs

Thanks for the feedback Andrew.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Ah, I spoke too soon, I got confused.

On my desktop it's fine, but on the laptop it isn't.

I've selected "List", but it appears as below. Laptop resolution is 1366 x 768.

Favorites tab in "List" mode:

Recently Used tab:

Andrew

Remote Desktop Display issue.png
Remote Desktop Display issue recently used.png
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Could you check the version you are using on your laptop and make sure it is 11.7.6.0 or the latest beta (11.9.1.0)? I'm unable to reproduce this issue with these versions.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Yes, version on the laptop is 11.7.6.0

Andrew

Clock3 yrs

Could you try the latest beta version to see if the behavior is different? This is really strange, I tested using that kind of resolution and it didn't change anything (which is expected).

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I normally don't have the Navigation pane pinned, had to do that for the screenshots.

I'm on 11.9.2.0 now and still the same problem. Additionally, the buttons/icons for "All Entries/Opened Sessions/Favourites/Most Recently Used/Tools" on the Navigation pane are now on the bottom of the pane instead of the top.

I didn't ask for that, how can I move them back to the top again please?

Andrew

Clock3 yrs

Hi Andrews,
For now it's not possible to move the buttons at the top. We use a third party that mimic Outlook 2016. I plan to work on a workaround soon but I'm not sure if it will work.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Is it (or can it be made) possible to ignore the structure of the all entries tab on the favorites?

In other words, we don't want to see the tree structure of folders mimicked to the favorites tab, but instead be able to use a a user specific tree set up.

Alternative, this could be made possible in the private vault. The user would create shortcuts towards their private vault (without copying the tree structure to) and use their own layout in the private vault.

The main reason for this is that our data source will have a standard structure based on the teams and applications within the company, however, this layout does not make sense for everyone and they have no options to deviate from it.

Clock3 yrs

Hello Stan,
This has been on our todo list for while but it's more complicated than what it seems. I will try to assign this to one of our dev after RDM 12.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

11.9.4.0 installed, no change.

I tried the (new?) "Dock As Tabbed Document" option for Navigation, but now I can't change it back as "Dock" and "Dock As Tabbed Document do the same thing and Dock it as a tab again if I drag it out of being a tab.

Ok, I've closed and reopened Remote Desktop Manager... hoping to sort out the Navigation docking problem... nope, still the same.

However, some good news... this option in settings now appears to do something, I tried this when I originally had the problem, but it made no difference, I hadn't checked the setting for the previous betas though, so possibly one of them fixed this option, but I didn't check it was off, it maybe off on my desktop installation.

Now, if I can just get my Navigation pane back to normal... everything will be good.

Andrew

Clock2 yrs

Ok, got it, I had to grab it and drag it and get the placements to popup, then managed to get it back to being a left panel.
I expected "Dock" to have done that for me on a right-click.

Also, I found the other threads on moving the icons on the Navigation pane back up to the top and selected that option.

So I'm all sorted now, yippe! Happy with the interface layout again, thank you.

Andrew

Clock2 yrs