Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

SSH connections freezing

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Has anyone experienced SSH sessions frequently freezing for 10-20 seconds? It's been happening pretty consistently, I believe since upgrading to 2020.1.7.0

Hard to say so far but it might actually be the whole application freezing up during various actions.

Clock8 days

Hello,

Does this issue occur when you perform certain actions? Does it seem to occur more when many SSH session entries are opened?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

To answer the second question, it was occurring while I had only one session open. It was a SSH session, but at this point I'm convinced it is the entire application freezing up.

I haven't found a pattern. If I clear the logs and wait for it to occur again, would that help?

Clock8 days

Hello Martin,

Yes, that will help. Also, if you are able to find any way to either record or reproduce this issue, please let us know!

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

It's recorded in the video I sent regarding the reconnect all issue. You can't see much since it's just not responding to any clicks, but that video caught it.

I've cleared my logs and will send in again after it occurs a few more times.

Clock7 days

At this point, I'm sure it's the entire application freezing. It happened countless times since I cleared the logs, but so far only this showed up:

Is there anything else I can do to provide more detail? It's freezing up every few seconds.

Clock7 days

Hello,

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any "Freeze" occur during both of your recordings. Would it be possible for you to create a portable version of RDM and see if this issue occurs after launching a single SSH entry? If it doesn't please try to gradually open more sessions and see if this issue still occurs.

To do so, you will need to download the .zip file below, extract it's content in a newly created folder, enter your current serial and run the executable: https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/thankyou/rdmbinbeta

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

It did occur, but you can’t see me clicking with my mouse. Where I pause with the mouse, and then start shaking it, is when it stopped responding. Its not just SSH.

Clock7 days

Strange, I think the portable version of RDM is still the best way to find what might cause this issue.

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

How would I share this information. Do you want logs or recording?

Clock7 days

You would need to create a portable version of RDM. Launch an SSH entry and see if this issue occurs.

We will need to know the result of this test.

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

You just want me to tell you if it is freezing or not?

Clock7 days

Yes

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hi Martin,

If the application is freezing every few second, it could be because RDM is experiencing a heavy load, like a bunch of entry being updated. I've seen this happen before.

If James solution doesn't stop the freezing. Please try these below.

Best way to find what's happening on the heavy load is opening your profiler setting Debug to 1 and selecting 1 entry in your treeview, and use the arrow up and down until the application does freeze then monitor what happens in the profiler "Debug only" tab. If you can tell us the info that apears in the info each time you get that freeze that would help us isolate the issue.

If you have access to the activity logs too that would help confirming any mass change, although I think you are using Devolutions Online Drive if I'm correct, which is not available.

Creating a XML datasource or even SQL lite and connecting to it and telling us if the freezing keep happening would also tell us that DOD is the issue.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

OK for now I did what Alexandre suggested. I've sent the debug log into support.

BTW, I have about 420 entries, in case heavy load may be expected at that point. Though I do have a pretty sufficient PC (32GB of RAM, core i5, etc.)

Clock7 days

Here's another error I received that may be helpful:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DevExpress.XtraBars.Docking.Helpers.AutoHideMoveHelper.HideImmediately() at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainDocumentManager.HideSlidings()

Clock7 days

Hello,
Is it it the full call stack?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

That was the full, and only error at this point.

Clock7 days

Hello,
After reviewing the good, I don't think it's related.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Upgrading to 2020.1.9.0 seems better, though I also patched, cleaned and rebooted my PC. Maybe it was something local to this PC as I also couldn't reproduce this on my PC at home. Will write in if it occurs again.

Clock3 days

Spoke too soon - still getting freezes but I'm not sure what's behind it.

I did notice something however; when RDM is frozen, clicking the taskbar icon (if RDM was behind another application or minimized) does nothing. The taskbar button visually changes so it appears Windows Explorer isn't the issue, but RDM does not appear. I repeatedly click the taskbar button...nothing.

But when I clicked the system tray icon, opened right up. I've turned on the profiler/debugger for a bit; can send that in if needed.

Clock3 days

I finally got some video showing freezing, and all kinds of bugging out from RDM. I've uploaded it. When I shake the mouse or move it around sporadically is when it is freezing. there are other issues too, which you will see. It seems like RDM is making constant calls to the Online Drive source.

Clock3 days

Hello Martin,

Thank you for this recording, it has been added to our current ticket Devo-20325.
I will review it and be in touch shortly.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock3 days

I reproduced all the issues on my laptop after upgrading from 2020.1.7.0 to 2020.1.9.0. I uploaded both a lengthy video showing RDM going kind of berserk, as well as sent in a bunch of trace logs from the profiler. Hard to show when it's freezing, so I tried to shake the mouse when it did to indicate.

Clock2 days

One more video sent. I know it's a lot but it is hard to capture over recording so I'm trying to provide as much evidence as possible.

Clock2 days

Hello Martin,

Thank you again for the remote session today, I think that this will help us a lot in reproducing this issue.
We will be in touch shortly.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 days

Thanks James!

Clock2 days