Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Flag as Closed - How to set permissions?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

could you be so kind and explain how one can set the permssion for allowing standard users/specific roles to flag a session as closed?
(after upgrading rdm (?), standard users are not allowed to use this feature, only administrators are able to do it - see screenshot attached)

RDM version: 2019.2.22.0

Data Source: MySQL

Best Regards

Clock8 days

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us on that matter!

In short, if you are responsible for the log, you can use the "flag as closed" feature without being an administrator. This situation can occur if you are the one who has opened the connection. That being said, the administrators will always be able to use this feature on all entries.

It is not possible at the moment to grant this permission to a user.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

Hi,

thanks for clarifying. Did this change in previous RDM versions?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think in previous versions I could do this as a standard user...

Would it be possible to convert this post into a Feature Request?
The "flag as closed" function should be assignable to roles by right.

Best Regards

Clock7 days

Hello,

You are more than welcome!

Our engineering department just informed me that this feature has been added to their todo list. Since we are close to our new release, this feature will not be added to it. That being said, it should be implemented shortly after that.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock7 days

Hi,

thank you very much for the fast support and for adding the request to your to-do list.
I am looking forward to being able to use this feature.

Best Regards

Clock5 days

Hello,

This feature has been added. It will be possible for you to grant the "Flag as closed" permission to non-admin users.

This will be available in RDM 2020.1.11.

Regards,

Xavier Bricault

signaturesignature

Clock16 hrs