Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Problem with session recording

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I have a problem with session recording. If I give a recording from the Ribon Help card, then the whole application window is recorded.

If I give Properties a particular session \ Session Recording and choose Mode: Optinonal, RDM will ask me if I want to record when I start the session. Select YES. I quit the session and log out. The directory with saved video opens, but the video is just a black screen.

Best regards,
Martin

Clock9 days

Hello,

What type of entry are you trying to record? Is it RDP, Wayk, SSH, etc? Also, what version of RDM are you using?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

Hello,
I am using RDM Ent. 2019.2.24.0 64-bit. I want to record RDP sessions or web session (only the window with active sesion) not the whole applicaiton windows.

Best regards,
Martin

Clock8 days

Then indeed, the "session recording" option in the entry settings is what you're looking for, since this is specifically made to record opened sessions.

For the black screen, do you get it while recording both RDP and Web sessions, or only for one of the two? If it occurs on RDP, could you try changing the RDP version in the advanced tab to "Free RDP Latest" and trying to record again?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

Hello,
I think it will be a problem on my site. Where can I change the default format for session recording for all sessions? Does session recording support autopause function? To record only when I'm active in a session?

I tried session recording on another PC with a clean installation of RDM and it was working there. Is it possible to reset the global settings for session recording for all sessions?

Best regards,
Martin

Clock20 hrs

Hello,

Sorry to jump in.

At the moment RDM only supports the .webm format. As for the "autopause function" it is also not supported.
That being said, I will discuss with our engineering department in order to see if that is something that we can and want to implement in the application.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock16 hrs

Hello,
thanks for your answer. I use for Fileneme : Entry Name + Date/Time. Entry Name + Date is OK but the time is not correct with PC from which I record sessions upset. I want the same time in video filename.

Best Regards,
Martin

Clock2 hrs