Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Clipboard not sharing between host and RDP session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I've noticed that since around the time I upgraded to Catalina, my clipboard no longer shares properly between my Mac and my RDP sessions (nor from one RDP session to the other).

I'm currently on:
MacOS: 10.15.1
RDM Free: 2019.1.9.0

Some info about the session I've done most of my testing in is:
Remote OS: Windows 10 (1903) Though this is also happens when I connects to W2k12R2, W2k16, and W2k19 servers
RDP Engine: Modern (I tried switching to Legacy, but it made no difference)
Active sandboxing: True
Rendering engine: Metal
Clipboard is selected in the Local Devices and Resources section.

On my Mac in System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy, I've ensured that RDMF is selected for Input Monitoring, and I manually added and selected it for Accessibility as well.

I've not observed any other input related issues.

Clock4 mths

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce on my side. Has it started as soon as you updated to macOS Catalina? I'm still on 10.15, the issue could have appeared in 15.1, though that would be surprising.

Can you provide us with a Session Log of one of the faulty sessions? To do so, Enable Logging in the Help -> Session Logs window, launch your session, try to copy and/or paste something and close your session. You'll find the generated log in the Session Logs window afterwards.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for looking into this. I know this was happening before I upgraded to 10.15.1, but it was after 10.15.0, though I can't recall if it started happening immediately after the upgrade to Catalina, or if it happened sometime after. Attached is a session log. I first tried copying from my mac into the session, and then again from the session to my mac.

cc56cbbf-9c3e-46b3-8018-d3565b628b83.log
Clock4 mths

Hi,

Everything seems normal in the log. Nothing that would indicate a configuration problem.

Just to eliminate any potential settings that could be the issue, could you export one of your session and send it to me? Just remove the host and credentials from the file before.

I'd like to compare it with my own configurations.

Could you also send me a screenshot of your Preferences window with the Session Type -> RDP tab selected?

You can send them to the following email: xfortin@devolutions.net

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi,

For any one stumbling on this issue. Me and skywayskase continued the troubleshooting via email and the issue ended up resolving itself on its own. If we find out how to reproduce, we'll post back on this thread.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths