Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

SSH Terminal: Cannot paste text to command line

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I can't find how paste text from clipboard into SSH terminal session.

I'm trying to paste text to the terminal window but usually text prints in random position on the screen and wont go to the command line. Today RDM crashes every time when I'm trying to paste text from clipboard.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (tried in Android and Dex - no difference).
SSH hosts are Ubuntu 16 and 18.

Clock20 days

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your feedback. You are not doing something wrong, the paste functionality should be easier to use.

You should be able to paste by long pressing at the position you want to paste to. What is your device's OS version? We have tested the paste functionality on several devices and we have found that it doesn't work well on some devices (depending on the OS version). For example, the paste functionality works very well on devices that run the Android 10 OS and poorly on devices that run the KitKat OS.

One other thing, we are not able to reproduce the crash. Can you reproduce the crash on other devices?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock20 days

Sorry for long waiting...
All other devices work correctly as you said.
Moreover if I'm using long finger tap gesture on my Tablet's screen - all works correctly.
This behaviour reproducing only when I'm using S6 Keyboard and use double-fingers tap on on touchpad. In this case the form of the context menu is differrent - it aligns vertically, not horizontally.
I can record video if you want.

Clock12 days

Hi Andrey,

What's your device's OS version?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

Android 9
One UI 1.5
Firmware: T865XXU1ASJ1

PS. I will be pleased to run any tests if you want.

Clock8 days

Hi Andrey,

Can you record a small video and send it to me at: ndufour@devolutions.net

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for the video. We could reproduce the problem using a bluetooth mouse.

There are 2 things:

1- The text is pasted at the mouse cursor's position when the popup menu opens instead of always being pasted at the caret position
2- After pasting text, left clicking again on the screen removes the previously pasted text

This problem has been added to our todo list. Please note that bugs that have a higher priority will have to be fixed before we can fix this one.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock8 days