Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Crash at Splashscreen Startup

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

For a few versions now, when I start RDM I get the 'Remote Desktop Manager' splashscreen and then the app closes.
I will have to repeatedly attempt to open the application until it stays open.
In a 10 day period, I'd say this happens a third of the time.
I do have the application password ability in use (require a password to see the connections).

I searched the Forums for 'splash' and 'splashscreen' and 'crash', but nothing like this problem described comes up.

Clock10 days

Hello,

This is very strange.

Could you try the steps below to recreate your RDM configuration folder?

• Make sure that RDM is closed
  • Navigate to %localappdata%\Devolutions
  • Move the RemoteDesktopManager folder on your desktop
  • Restart RDM
A new configuration folder will be created and you should now have access to open RDM properly.

However, you would need to re-enter your license and reconfigure your datasource.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

Thank you for the quick reply. I will try this next time it happens.
I do have a question however... assuming this doesn't work, the moved %localappdata%\Devolutions folder can be placed back to restore my configurations, correct?

Clock10 days

Hello,

I would suggest starting by importing only the RemoteDesktopManager.cfg file to begin and see if the issue persist.
This file should contain the configuration that you may need.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock10 days

So I booted up this morning, opened RDM and the issue occurred again (it happens right after the splashscreen and immediately after the Application Password window pops up for me to put in my credentials).

I moved the folder (actually, I renamed the RemoteDesktopManager folder to .old hope that's okay), a new folder populated and RDM opened without issue.
NOTE: the Application Password window is not configured.
I moved the .cfg file to the new folder and it retained my license info but not my data sources.

I assume to rebuild the data sources, enable the application password function and see how it goes?

Clock9 days

Hello,

Sorry to jump in. That said, it is indeed the way to go.

If this issue resurface, would it be possible for you to record this behavior and send it to us using the sharefile link I provided you via private message?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

Will do. It did happen again, but I will record next instance later today. Thanks.

Clock9 days

After a few days of no issues, I can't get RDM to stay open.
I uploaded a video named Video_2019-10-17_085135.
There's really nothing indicative of a problem, in my opinion... hopefully it helps.

Clock2 days

Hello,

Thank you for this recording! Since this issue is really odd, I took the liberty of opening a ticket on that matter in our ticketing system.
For further reference, the ticket number is Devo-7536

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 days