Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Ability to force to "Retrieve New Registrations Only" automatically ?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We would like to avoid having the "existing users"/"new users" have to enter the production registration key manually in Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager. After configuring/creating "default.cfg", the existing users get prompt for three options: (1."Use New Configuration(Lose Mine) 2. Retrieve New Registrations Only 3. Ignore)
how can we force to "Retrieve New Registrations Only" automatically and then key will be accepted for existing users?

Thank you!
Annie Cai

Clock3 mths

Hello,
I will add this to our todo. We are reworking the way we send the license and it should be easier soon to add it into the database.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi David,
Thanks for the quick response. Our users are using RDM via Citrix (Traditional Windows Sever OS), RDM is preinstalled. Our user base varies: various groups have their own DBs and local config as well. We are looking for a way to register/license users without having to manually type in the license key. Also, for existing users to accept the new license key automatically without prompting for options.
Regards,
Annie Cai

Clock3 mths

Hi David,
How long do you think my request feature can be added to RDM?
Regards,
Annie Cai

Clock3 mths

I think that we should be able to squeeze this for the final release of RDM 2019.2 (mid octobre).

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Just to let you know, we've made some changes to support this for the future. It will only be supported with RDM versions 2019.2.7.0 or later. Older versions will not support it since RDM needs to take a new setting in consideration.

2019+09+23+9+15+41

You will need to check this option when making the custom installer.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2019-09-23_9-15-41.png
Clock3 mths