Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Problem with ITGlue website in RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I'm using for a long time the ITGlue website in the integrated https option in RDM with google chrome as browser.
Since the latest 2 updates, it's not working fine anymore.
The site is still opening, I can still access customers, but when I open for example a password view, then it is loading forever.
In a normal chrome window, I have no issue.
I have totally no idea what the reason could be.
Are there any changes regarding the chrome integration?

Regards,

itgluerror.png
iterror2.png
Clock5 mths

Hello,

Could you please go under File -> Options -> Types -> Web and check "Disable RunDLL32.exe usage" and see if this issue persist?
If it does, could you please tell me which version of RDM and what type of Data Source are you currently using?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi

Thank you for your answer.
Issue still persist after disable that option.

My current version is the latest: 2019.1.32.0 64 bit and with the previous version it was occurring for the first time.

Regards!

iterror2.png
Clock5 mths

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to provide me the URL you are using to connect to this webpage? I will then see if it is possible for us to request a trial and test this on our side.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi,

That's not possible as each link is refering to a specific customer.
What I can tell, to simulate it:
Create customer, create a sample username and password entry.

Open customer view, choose passwords, and open a password item. There on that page its loading forever.

Good luck! 😏

Clock5 mths

Forget to mension, it is a local datasource, a rd file I guess.

Clock5 mths

Hello,

Our engineering department just informed me that they recently updated the Chrome Embedded library.
This update will should be available in RDM 2019.1.35.

Once this version is released, could you please try it as a portable version and see if this issue still occur with ITGlue:
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_portableusb.htm

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi

I did tested on the latest release, but the issue persist I'm affraid.
I did tested with and without the RunDll option.
I have also more issues of blocking of the application. Then its persist in taskmanager, but cannot kill it. (access denied)

Any more suggestions please?

Kind regards

Clock5 mths

Hello,

This issue seems to be caused by a limitation of the third party we are using to launch Web Browser entries in embedded mode.
I will need to discuss this matter with our engineering department in order to see if there is something else which can be done during the time that we wait for a new update of the third party.

In the meantime, I would recommend launching these entries in external mode instead.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi, any update on that?
Also with current version (1.39), the issue persist.

Can I downgrade my chrome or anything?

Regards,

Mike

Clock4 mths

Hello,

We've made a change internally that fixes connection with a few websites. That change will be available in RDM 2019.1.40.0. It would be great if you could try it out once it releases, as it might have been affecting the ITGlue website. We will look into getting an ITGlue trial so we can test the website on our end as well.

As for downgrading Chrome embedded, unfortunately since it is a third party library the only way to do this would be to use a prior version of RDM.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi,

The update to 2019.41 did solved that problem, but.. smile There is another one now.
I cannot copy passwords or usernames anymore from that platform.

It is a button on the site, with copy function of the username and password.
Username, it says it is succesfully copied, but clipboard does not take it.
Password link says it failed.

Are there any suggestions to resolve that? I can manually open, show password and select/copy, but is a workaround.

Thank you in advance!

2019-08-06 17_07_31-Window.png
2019-08-06 17_05_59-Window.png
Clock4 mths

Hello,

We will see if it's something that is possible for us to fix. I'll let you know if we have any update about this.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hi, any update on that?
When should new version be released?

Regards

Clock3 mths

Hello,
This is not planed for RDM 2019.2. We don't have the resource for now but this is something we still want to do.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths