Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Host entry with prompt on connection for credential repository

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi guys,

I'm testing the generic host entries (which is a blessing by the way!) and I'm having an issue which may be because of me using it wrongly or perhaps there is a feature that would be beneficial to have added to RDM.

For example, to connect to a VMware vCenter server I have a single generic host entry and then templates for web interface, maintenance web interface, ssh, scp and so on... I've another folder where I'm putting all the credentials in and I'm calling some of these credentials with a starting name of the server as they are directly related to it, and I have several accounts. My problem is that when the list of credentials grow, it will become annoying to browse/search for the credentials on prompt instead of having just the relevant ones being displayed. One work around would be to create several different folders to further segregate those, but I think that can add a lot of overhead.

What would be the best practice in your opinion to deal with something like this?

Thanks

Clock12 days

I guess one solution would be to be able select several credential entries when selecting under credential repository > prompt on connection > clicking on all, it only allows to select folders while I wanted to select credentials, that way it would only list the relevant credential entry and not everything that is inside that folder.

I'm not talking about permissions, the person can see the credentials in that folder by regular browsing over there, but I don't want to list all of them when being prompted for credentials. If you have several entries it starts to become messy.

Clock12 days

Hi,

Indeed the best option for this would be to separate credentials under multiple folder. That being said, I could understand if you don't want to create multiple folders for all of them. What about merging the credentials that should be together under a single Password list. Is this might me a solution for you?

https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/credentials_passwordlist.htm

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on June 24 and July 1st, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock11 days

That is a good idea, thanks! I'll see how it goes.

What I've noticed is that prompt on connection, password list are not passed to the chrome extension to be used in an external browser. I'm struggling to get Office 365 to work as so far the only way I've found to make it work is to create individual entries with each a different password setup directly on it or then setup the entry using a single credentials from a credential repository entry

Clock11 days

Hi,

I was able to reproduce this behavior, I open a ticket with the engineering department to confirm the issue.

Regards,

David Grandolfo

OFFICE CLOSURE!
Although our various support queues will be monitored for emergencies, Devolutions' offices will be closed on June 24 and July 1st, 2019.

signaturesignature

Clock7 days