Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

Password AutoFill in RDP

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

Since the last update I have a problem with the password auto filling feature on my MAC.

for example, before the update, when I opened an RDP connection from RDM(external mode), RDP started well with the good ip, domaine and user name
and 1 or 2 seconds after the password was automatically "injected" into the RDP.

Now when I open an external RDP connection, I have only the ip, domaine and user name in the RDP and I must manually add the password.

Is there a solution to recover the automatic filling of the password ?

Thx in advance for you help.

Thomas.

Clock4 mths

Hi,

This is weird. It works properly on my side. When you connect with Microsoft Remote Desktop.app, do you get a certificate verification window? Like this:

If so, just pressing continue should proceed to the login step and the password should be filled. There is also an option in the Preferences (Session Type -> RDP -> External -> Automatically continue certificate validation) that automatically skips the certificate verification.

It is also possible that the Assitive Access for Remote Desktop Manager is disabled. You can enable it in the System Preferences in the Security & Privacy pane under the Privacy Tab -> Accessibility page:

Even if it is already checked, it might be worth it to try unchecking and checking it again.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I am experiencing this exact same issue.

Worked fine under High Sieria. Upgraded to Mojave and it stopped working.

Tried unchecking and re-checking it - still no change (does no longer work)

Clock4 mths

Hi,

There might be other macOS security measure that I am not aware of on some devices. I'll have to investigate further to see if I can pinpoint those.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Any updates?

Nothing personal, but I like the MS RDP client better than the built in one, and this is making the software unusable for me...

Clock3 mths

Hi,

We are still working on the issue.

For now we are not able to reproduce this particular problem, but we are still looking into it.

if there's any change we are gonna keep you informed.

To help us, can we have the version of your Mojave OS?

and if you have access to another mac, can you try the entry on it and tell us if it worked,
the OS this was tested on and the version of the OS?

Best regards.

Michel Lambert

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

10.14.5 (18F132) is where its failing

Clock3 mths

Hi thomas23 and mharbeson,

Sorry for the delay, I've been unable to investigate this issue in the last two weeks.

I've checked a bit and I discovered a new set of macOS options I weren't aware of. In the Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Automation, could either of you make sure the System Events.app is checked under Remote Desktop Manager (or Remote Desktop Manager Free). Like this:

If it is not, the autofill will not work.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I don't have any entries under Automation -- only under Accessibility.

How do I add Remote Desktop Manager to Automation?

Clock3 mths

Hi,

That's actually a good question. There doesn't seem to be any button for this. I've read a bit on this, and as I understand it, a pop up should be shown when an app first attempt to do an Automation action, it should then be added to the list. It doesn't seem to have occurred in your case.

I'll have to check this up a bit more.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi mharbeson,

Do you use the Free or the Enterprise edition of Remote Desktop Manager? I'll build a preview version with a fix that should resolve your issue.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Enterprise Edition

Clock3 mths

Hi,

I've built preview versions with the fix.

Here it is for the Enterprise edition: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb3pvkcgucpis5v/devolutions.remotedesktopmanager.mac.2019.1.6.1562619438.dmg?dl=0
And here it is for the Free edition: https://www.dropbox.com/s/43sd4eolytamtmw/devolutions.remotedesktopmanager.free.mac.2019.1.6.1562620099.dmg?dl=0

The first time you'll open an external RDP session, you should see the following message:

Just click on it and everything should work properly from then on.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

That fixed it! Everything is working great now!

Thanks

Clock3 mths

Hi mharbeson,

Glad to hear it! Don't hesitate if you encounter any other issues.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths