Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

After RDM update i can't copy/view username and passwords

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I updated RDM to the latest version (2019.1.20.0 64bit) and as a normal user i can't copy/view usernames and passwords anymore.
Copying and viewing is possible for the administrator user but not for an normal user anymore.

The previous RDM version was 14.0.6.0 64 bit.

What is changed, or how can i change the permissions that normal users can view en copy the passwords ?

2019-05-15 09_33_13-Window.png
Clock3 mths

Same problem here, after the last update users cannot view\copy passwords anymore, the option is not available anymore in RDM. Me as admin can view\copy. When I give a user admin rights the options are back.

Before this update I had an option when creating a new user to let them view\copy password, that option is gone to.

Clock3 mths

I see that the default settings for "View Password" are disabled.
How can i change this default permission ?

2019-05-15 10_03_55-Window.png
Clock3 mths

That did the trick at ours. If you change the permission to custom you can set the view password setting

Clock3 mths

This works alsow for us. But why did this change ?

Clock3 mths

Hello Rian,
Hello Mike,

glad you've found the solution - this setting was changed because of security purposes.

Here the associated line from the Release Notes (the whole changes can be found here)

Changed the View Password to not allowed by default for non administrator

Regards,
Min

Clock3 mths

Hi Min,

We got the same problem today morning.
On all the users we've set the setting to allow on the "show password in properties".
But it still won't show the password.

If I set the usertype as administrator, it works fine.

Thanks

Clock3 mths

Hello,

can you post a screenshot of the mentioned user setting?

If you want to allow Users or specific Roles to be able view the password from all your sessions, you must configure the View Password setting found in Root Settings => Permissions

Regards,
Min

Clock3 mths

Hi,
We haven't configured anything under there.
If I set it like you above, there is an XML error.

Sorry, that it's in german.

pic1.PNG
pic2.PNG
Clock3 mths

Hi,

don't worry about the German UI wink

You're trying to change the setting from a 14.x client, as I can see in the screenshot. I'm asking because Rian and Mike are on 2019.1.20.

Did you updated on a client to 2019.1.20 respectively did you upgrade the database?

Regards,
Min

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Sorry to jump in, I just want to add some additional information about the latest RDM version 2019.1.20.

Thank you Min for your solution. Modifying the View Password permission works perfectly on any data sources except Devolutions Password Server (DPS) version 6.1.3. If you are using DPS, the Copy or View password will not be available. DPS version 2019.1.x is required to get that functionality working. As RDM and DPS are closely related, unfortunately the only solution for now is to uninstall RDM 2019.1.20 and install RDM 14.1.3. Here is the download link for RDM 14.1.3.
https://cdn.devolutions.net/download/Setup.RemoteDesktopManager.14.1.3.0.exe

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Min,

Thank you, with the new database it works fine.

Kind regards

Clock3 mths

Perfect wink Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,
Min

Clock3 mths