Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

RDM as Citrix Published Application

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Having issues with RDM as a Citrix Published Application. It launches, connects after a few errors, has a black border all around it, then if you click out of it, say onto another application, then back to RDM, it is frozen, until you minimize then bring up again.

Version 14.1.3.0
Using SQL Database

Get connection error "Unable to Connect to your Data Source" "Incorrect syntax near '0'.", but if you simply close the window, it connects to the SQL Database.

The Black Border around RDM is weird, have over 20 published applications running fine, except RDM

Could probably live with the previous 2 issues but cannot with the freezing up. Once you aren't focused on RDM, then come back to RDM, it freezes, you must minimize the published application, then bring back up to get it to work again.

Clock4 days

Citrix version is XenApp 7.15 LTSR CU3
VDA version on Windows 2012 R2

Clock4 days

Hello Roy,

The "incorrect syntax near" issue has been fixed in the current beta version of RDM 2019.1.5. The fix will be in the next stable version.

Regarding the black border and the freeze we had 2 other customers with similar issues. We are currently testing if the issue is caused by a Windows update.

That being said, could you confirm RDM has been installed with the steps describe in How to install RDM on RDS/TS Server help topic.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

David,

Thank You for the response and information.

Yes each user has a unique folder for %appdata%
I am using Group Policy to copy the default.cfg at each login.

I continue to research as well and will update with any findings.

Thank You again,

Roy

Clock4 days

Hello,

Configuring RDM with default.cfg files do not require GPO. Have you tested without GPO and if possible rename the %appdata% information before.

Have you any specific configuration when you publish the app or any specific them in RDM?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 days

David,

I was using GPO to copy the default.cfg each time, from a central location, into the RDM installation directory, just so I could update it easily later. I have stopped doing this, and just have the default.cfg in the installation directory.

Are you proposing I change RDM to launch via a script, renaming %appdata%\roaming\Devolutions before launching RDM? or some other method?

There are no special parameters or anything unique when publishing RDM:

There was an older version installed at one point, continue getting this error message:

The connection error that should be resolved in the next release?

The black border around RDM when ran via Citrix published application:

RDM Version

Clock3 days