Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

Black connection browser upon startup

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Sometimes (about a third of the times or so,) I get a black connection browser. You can have a look at the attached file, although it shows it as transparent in that screen shot.

It started with Mojave when I upgraded.

Black connection browser.png
Clock11 mths

Hi Jesper,

We are aware of this issue. I'm guessing this is some sort of bug with Mojave. The random nature of it makes it pretty hard to troubleshoot (even more so to fix). Most of the time I can fix it by just dragging the navigation pane to the leftmost side and dragging it back in view. Though, even this does not always solve the issue.

I definitely do not reproduce at your rate though.

That being said, the issue is still opened on our side and under investigation.

I'll add a note to come back to this thread if any progress are made.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Xavier, I found something curious today: I got a black connection browser window, but then I went into Preferences to change something, click OK, and the connection browser now viewed properly.

So something in your Preferences exit-routine is apparently redrawing the connection browser window properly.

Thoughts?

Clock9 mths

Can confirm: I hit Command+, to open Preferences, then close the window -- that act refreshes the connection browser. But editing a connection's properties, then closing out, doesn't refresh the viewer.

Clock9 mths

christina01 wrote:

Can confirm: I hit Command+, to open Preferences, then close the window -- that act refreshes the connection browser. But editing a connection's properties, then closing out, doesn't refresh the viewer.

I didn't try the connection properties, only the Preferences. I'm glad you can confirm.

Clock9 mths

jkehlet wrote:

Xavier, I found something curious today: I got a black connection browser window, but then I went into Preferences to change something, click OK, and the connection browser now viewed properly.

So something in your Preferences exit-routine is apparently redrawing the connection browser window properly.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the info.

This is not surprising as the Preferences closing does a lot of rearranging in the main window. This act similarly to hiding and showing back the navigation pane.

At the moment, I think that an update on our build server to the most recent frameworks will probably fix the issue. But it also comes with its own set of other bugs and glitches that are also quite annoying. So I am somehow between a rock and a hard place.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths