Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

RDM Free 5.0.5.0 Override.cfg created, but folders and files are created in the user profile

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello.
Sorry, so bad speak english.
I'm create override.cfg:
".\_config"
Data Source set: .\_data\Connections.db

Options - Path:

Screenshot: .\_data\Screenshots
Application log: .\_config
Save As Document: .\_saveas
Default Templates: .\_config\Templates
Default Add-on path: .\_config\AddOns

But after start RDM Free in user profile are being created this folders and files:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\New
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\NewAdmin
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\ToDelete
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\ToDeleteAdmin
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\d39a73bf-f35e-423e-80bb-87557f579a36
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\d39a73bf-f35e-423e-80bb-87557f579a36\PlayList
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\d39a73bf-f35e-423e-80bb-87557f579a36\Favorites.xml
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\TheGreenBowVPN
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\TheGreenBowVPN\Connections
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\Addoninfo60.xml

Please fix this bug.

Clock8 mths

Hello,

I am not sure to understand this behavior.

Would it be possible for you to provide us more information about what you are trying to achieve ?
Also could you please provide us a recording of the the behavior mentioned above?

This video can be sent to us using the following sharefile link:
https://devolutions.sharefile.com/share/getinfo/raba75bde4424504b

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in replying.
I want a completely portable installation, so i use Override.cfg (https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?installation_configurationfilelocation.htm)
And deleted the directory %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree

However, when you start RDMFree (5.1.2.0), these directories are re-created:

userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\New
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\NewAdmin
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\ToDelete
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\ToDeleteAdmin
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\d39a73bf-f35e-423e-80bb-87557f579a36
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\d39a73bf-f35e-423e-80bb-87557f579a36\PlayList
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\TheGreenBowVPN
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\TheGreenBowVPN\Connections

These files are also created:
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\d39a73bf-f35e-423e-80bb-87557f579a36\Favorites.xml

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\Addoninfo60.xml

As a result, this installation of RDMFree is not fully portable.

If this is important, then I use Windows 10 1809 x64.

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Thank you for this clarification.

Our engineering department just confirmed that this is currently on their to-do list.
I will contact you as soon as I have any update on that matter.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 mths

Hello,

Just to inform you that this feature should be available in the versions following the 5.1.3.0 of RDM Free.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

I do not confirm that the problem is solved.
RDM Free 5.1.3.0 still creates directories and files in the user profile:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\d39a73bf-f35e-423e-80bb-87557f579a36\Favorites.xml
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\TheGreenBowVPN
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\ToDelete
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\New
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\ToDeleteAdmin
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\AddOns\NewAdmin
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManagerFree\Addoninfo60.xml

Additionally, I checked RDM 14.1.3.0 - it creates only directories (without files):
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\6DA1668C-CC67-4BD0-8156-9971EE1F0EDA
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\TheGreenBowVPN
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\AddOns\ToDelete
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\AddOns\New
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\AddOns\ToDeleteAdmin
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\AddOns\NewAdmin

For one checked PVM trial 10.0.0.0 - files and directories are created:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\PasswordVaultManager\7A04F75C-5ED1-4272-A5F1-D59BC172099C\Favorites.xml
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\PasswordVaultManager\TheGreenBowVPN
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\PasswordVaultManager\AddOns\ToDelete
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\PasswordVaultManager\AddOns\New
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\PasswordVaultManager\AddOns\ToDeleteAdmin
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Devolutions\PasswordVaultManager\AddOns\NewAdmin

Configuration files (without registration information) attached.

Best regards,
Skaramush

cfg.zip
Clock6 mths

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say the versions of RDM that will follow RDM 5.1.3.0

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

this bug is still present nowadays and can be recreated with the instruction written on the first post.

In that folder also the file SSHFingerprints.xml is created if you want to remember the SSH fingerprint upon a new connection.

Regards

Clock24 days

Hello @Raptor,

Have you updated to RDM 2019.1.33.0? Also what type of Data Source are you currently using?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock23 days

Hi,

yes i'm using the latest version with a local sqlite datasourse; i also performed a clean test.

You can recreate the problem downloading the zip, and following this guide:

https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?installation_portableusb.htm

Those folders appear every time you launch RDM, even if you delete them.

Regards.

Clock22 days

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce this issue in our test environment.
A ticket has been assigned to our engineering department on that matter in order to see what can be done.

I will update this forum thread as soon as we will have more information on that.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock22 days