Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Prompted for credentials when using Remote Desktop Gateway

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

In our setup users are prompted for credentials even when they have pre-selected the credentials to be used. We use Secret Server as our credential repository. Users make User Specific overrides to specify the credentials to be used for the session.

The issue is seen when opening a session which makes use of a Remote Desktop Gateway server. When a user opens such a new sessions he is prompted to select his credentials from the Secret Server list and User Specific settings seem to be ignored. When the user selects the exact same credential as specified on the RDP Gateway Credentials window the session is opened normally. Please see attached screenshots for User Specific settings.

Did anyone experience the same and found a solution for it?

Thanks, Roland

Devolutions - RDG - Secret Server - Credentials 1.png
Devolutions - RDG - Secret Server - Credentials 2.png
Clock2 mths

Hello,

What version of RDM are you running?

Are you launching your session in embedded or external mode?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Jeff,

We running RDM 13.6.7.0 with embedded sessions (just tried external but it did not make a difference).

Best regards,

Roland.

Clock2 mths

Hello,
We are currently working on setting up the environment to recreate your issue, we apologize for the delay.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed answer, we had some issue setting up the environment. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce your issue on my side, everything seems to be working correctly. I will continue to investigate on that. Do you happen to get any error message?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock26 days

Hello,

We were able to reproduce the issue internally, I will keep you updated on when the issue is fixed.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock21 days

Hi Etienne,

Ok, great! And sorry for not responding to your previous message... (The answer to your question was: no, there is no error message displayed to the user.)

Best regards,

Clock21 days

I am getting this two i can connect on two computers but on another i cannot access via the SAME settings using the SAME RDM online database connection.

so , conencing to a rdm connection, in an rdm online database. on two different computers and one works and the other one comes up INVALID Credentials when using embedded. the same settings work manualy on the computer using mstsc

Clock11 days

Hello,

The issue should be fixed within the next beta version of Remote Desktop Manager (14.0.10.0) I will let you know once it's out. From there you will be able to test it and tell us if the issue still occurs.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock11 days

Hello,

The new version is now out if you would like to try it yourself! (14.0.11.0)

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Hi Etienne,

Just tested out the 14.0.11.0 version, but unfortunately the issue is still there. Although both credentials are explicitly set the credentials selection window still pops up.

Best regards,

Clock4 days

still not working,

using 14.0.11 and credentials are not passed to the rdm sessions from one computer (azure domain joined) when my desktop (not domain joined) works fine. using the same credentials, rdm entry, database.

credentials copied to an mstsc session work fine.

we are using 14.0.11 now, and rdm online as a database source.

Clock1 day

@Paul Sexstone,

If you import your working .rdp file into RDM and launch it from RDM, is it working?
If not, what is the message that you receive?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock1 day

Hi Jeff,

Imported the working .rdp file into RDM as requested. Same errors as before, as per screenshot.
Same error also appears when opening any other .rdp within our directory.

Thanks,
Paul

Capture.PNG
Clock22 hrs

Any progression on this issue?
any suggestions on what can be done to isolate further

Clock17 hrs

@Paul Sexstone,

Do you encounter the same issue in RDC Manager from Microsoft? I am asking this because RDM use the same ActiveX when you open a RDP session in embedded mode. Here's the download link for this application - https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=44989

On the other hand, how is your credentials are saved regarding the Gateway in the RDP session? Could you post a screenshot of your Connection tab?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock1 hr