Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Citrix Netscaler session broken

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm on the latest beta and using the latest Citrix Netscaler addon. I can't seem to launch a Citrix app anymore. I can login to the Citrix Netscaler session, but clicking on any app will just show something like this (domain edited for security reasons):

Always using the latest beta RDM version.
Local data source.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

The session was working prior to the lastest beta, example in RDM 13.9.10 or 13.9.11?

Is it possible that the issue is related to Windows 10 1809 like some other issues that you have encountered recently?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Unrelated to 1809. I've tested the latest beta on Windows 10 Build 16299 and it's the same result.

I can't remember when it last broke. It's definitely not working in RDM beta 13.9.10 or .11.

Have you actually done nay testings on your side?

Local data source.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

We don't have this type of environment internally, so unfortunately, it's not possible for us to test this type of session.

Do you encounter the same issue with RDM 32 bit edition?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Looks like it works in x86 and not x64 in the latest beta.

Local data source.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Let me check this with our engineering department and get back to you.

Best redgards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I had a chat with our engineering department and our Netscaler add-on is based on IE embedded.

Is it possible for you to test the 3 scenarios below:

• Are you able to open properly a site like google in IE Embedded using a web browser session?
  • Are you able to open the netscaler website in IE Embedded using a web browser session?
  • Are you able to open the netscaler website in Chrome Embedded using a web browser session?
Can you please perform these tests with RDM 64 bit.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hi Jeff,

• Are you able to open properly a site like google in IE Embedded using a web browser session? - YES
  • Are you able to open the netscaler website in IE Embedded using a web browser session? - No. Same result.
  • Are you able to open the netscaler website in Chrome Embedded using a web browser session? - YES

The problem is, I can't just switch to a Web browser session running in Chrome embedded, because the RAM usage is too high. In a Netscaler session, the RAM usage is fine. I discussed this issue here:

https://forum.devolutions.net/messages.aspx?TopicID=30082

Local data source.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I have opened a ticket to our QA department to see if they are able to replicate this type of issue. However, it should not be an easy task since we don't have access to this type of environment internally. We will keep you post.

The ticket number is DEVO-741.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

I can create a test account for you if you like. All I know is that this works in x86 and not x64 and both x86 and x64 worked fine in an older RDM build (unsure which one, maybe 3~4 beta versions ago).

Local data source.

Clock28 days

Hello,

That would be great if you can provide use a test account.

Could you send me all the details via private message please?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

Hello @Ricky,

We went on previous old version up until RDM 12 and we couldn't make the entry work anyway. So we came up with the theory that this entry stopped working for you since we changed the default application from 32 to 64 bit.

You can launch RDM in 32 bit from the installation folder and have a shortcut where ever you want on your computer, that would be the temporary solutions to make this entry work again for you.

In the meantime we're going to investigate if we can make this entry work in 64bit and will give you some news after the devs gave us the verdict.

Just to make sure, clicking on the app is suppose to launch the citrix reciever app externally right ? Because that's about the only thing we could do with what has been provided. We tried it externally and it seems that we can do alot more using the web browser, but even in older versions we weren't able to make it work embedded, so windows update might be in the equation.

Thanks for reporting this.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock21 days

Hi Alexandre,

I've been using RDM x64 for the past 3 years now. Never had any issues launching Citrix Netscaler sessions under x64. It only broke since the last few releases and this isn't related to Windows 10 1809. As mentioned in my previous post, this can be replicated in an older Windows 10 build.

I do not wish to use RDM 32 bit either, it defeats the purpose of having a 64 bit version.

And yes, clicking on the app is suppose to launch the Citrix Receiver app externally. If you try this in a web browser, the result is what you should get in RDM embedded.

I think the problem is with HTML5. You can see this in the Citrix Netscaler URL address. It's not using the native plug-in (Citrix Receiver installer for Windows).

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX221652

Local data source.

Clock21 days

Looks like the latest RDM update as well as the Netscaler addon update has fixed this (by forcing session to use 32 bit, while keeping the rest of the RDM process 64 bit). Workaround is good enough for me, thanks team!

Local data source.

Clock13 days