Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Quick Access Bar Missing Added Entry After Restart

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

If I add Type Clipboard to the quick access toolbar and restart RDM it is not visible after restarting.

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager\RemoteDesktopManager.qtb is not updated when I add the entry. It is saved on exit going by the modified date but must not have the added entry.

Also is there a way to setup "type clipboard" as a keyboard shortcut - better still get the password for the last used or current active session credential and type it - needed for when remote desktop session is auto-locked and paste does not work.

Simon

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

The type clipboard feature is available in the Actions tab when you launch a RDP session.

Since this action is specific to a specific session type, I think this is why you cannot keep it in the Quick Access toolbar.

I will verify with our engineering department if something can be done, but I am not sure.

Quick question: What version of RDM are you running?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

That would make sense.

Version is 13.6.7.0 64 bit

Simon

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Jeff is right, this is the reason why the button doesn't save properly, since it's specific to the RDP entry.

We discussed the issue and we see no reason to restrict the button to RDP entries, though. It could be very useful for other entry types. We'll put this change on our todo list. I'll let you know once we made it. smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

The implementation has been completed today and this should be available in the next release of RDM.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Just got back from vacation, updated RDM and this is working now, thanks :-)

After a few hours trial and error with $MACRO_PASSWORD$, $PARENT_PASSWORD$, $PASSWORD$ I have also managed to create a typing macro as a "sub-connection" of one of the sessions which types $PASSWORD$ and it prompts to select a password from the section of the credential repository used by the parent. I can use it by right clicking it and selecting execute macro. I can even use it from other sessions (but it is not visible in the list of macros in the right click menu -> Macros/Scripts/Tools).

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Glad that is now working.

Thank you for your feedback.

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs