Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

How to turn of standard Android keyboard shortcuts when using Bluetooth keyboard on Android

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I would like to use Windows shortcuts (Win key to open the start menu, for example) in a remote desktop session running on Android (Kindle Fire 10 HD in my case) with a Bluetooth keyboard. Unfortunately, Android has shortcuts that are being triggered instead, even when I'm in a remote session.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this so that all keystrokes are sent to the remote session only?

Thanks,

djz

Clock2 yrs

Hi Daniel,

We will test it early next week and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Daniel,

Have you tried your keyboard with the Android Microsoft RDP application?

We would like to know how the Android Microsoft RDP application handles the Windows shortcuts.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

+1

Android Microsoft RDP application supports the windows shortcuts

Clock11 mths

Hi,

We've tried the Microsoft RDP application with a Windows keyboard/Android keyboard and the shortcuts do not work. Shortcut keys are either not handled or handled by the OS itself. Pressing the Home or Back shortcut on the Android keyboard performs the same thing as a device's home or back button.
On the Android keyboard the search shortcut does nothing. With the Windows keyboard, Win-R does nothing, Win-D brings us to the Android main screen,
Win displays all the Android applications and Alt-Tab switches between the available Android applications.

We would like to make things work on our side. Can you give us more information on your setup?

- Are you using Samsung Dex?
- Are you using a specific keyboard? if so which model/brand?
- Are you using a specific device (phone or tablet)? if so which model/brand?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hi Nicolas,

I tested Microsoft RDP and found the same results... the windows key (and other shortcut keys, such as Alt+Tab) are captured by the local machine OS instead of being sent to the remote session.

Does this mean there is nothing that can be done about it?

djz

Clock10 mths

Hi,

We are still investigating. Unfortunately, we are not sure we are going to be able to make it work.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths