Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

It is time again.... MacOS 10.14 Mojave is in beta

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Remote Desktop Manager startup on 10.14 beta1 even RDP to a server works but......
the app takes 100% CPU after each mouse click for 10 or 20 seconds, then again when clicking on something... Even actions in a remote machine causes the overload. First time I ran RDM (it was an little bit older version) I got an informational popup about application not compatible with MacOS 10.14 (probably because of 32 bits????)....

Lucky me I installed it on a spare MacBook and not my work MBprtb

If I can help you guys with sending MacOS logging or that sort of things or test RDM beta releases, please give me a heads-up!

(please don't react with something like: its beta and we are not supporting MacOS beta releases... I know) :-D

Clock7 mths

Hi Martijn,

Haha, this is alright, thanks for your feedback wink

We'll look into this. It is not because of 32bit, since RDM Mac has been 64bit since January (you can confirm this by doing file /Applications/Remote\ Desktop\ Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/RemoteDesktopManager in the terminal).

It might be some weird setting requirements or that a more recent version of the macOS SDK is needed.

Does the CPU usage spike happens when doing action anywhere in the application? Not just in some entries (e.g. RDP)?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

Thanks Xavier!

The CPU spike is everywhere in the application...

Clock7 mths

Also in beta 2 and the latest version of Remote Desktop manager, the application is not working.
100% CPU, even without a DB installed. New installation of MacOS and desktop manager.

version: 5.4.0.0

Clock6 mths

Hi Martijn,

I've noted the same thing. This is quite awful. I'll have to see if this has to do with Xamarin, or the SDK.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hi,

The most obvious performances issue should now have been resolved.

This will be available in the next release of RDM.

I still took the opportunity to build a preview version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mo8qfxscrjyoige/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Mac.5.4.0.1531404111.dmg?dl=0

Could you try it and confirm that the issue is fixed?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

hey as you didn't have an answer I give you a feedback...

I've downloaded the preview version and it works like a charm ;-)

best regards

Clock5 mths

Hi Laurent,

Glad to hear it!

Don't hesitate if you find any other issue.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

ok I've tried something else

it appears the 5.4.0.0 version is ok too after installing the preview (I had both version installed)

it fells like it will be 5.4.0.0.1 XD

Clock5 mths