Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

WebDav through NextCloud datasource

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello!

I'm trying to create a new datasource using WebDav and NextCloud, i'm not having any luck tho. These are the settings i've used(see attached), i have censored out the domain in the url and the username by using generic values. I've looked in the NextCloud logs and i don't see RDM establishing a connection. Any pointers on how to debug?

Screenshot 2018-04-03 23.23.34.png
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

What version of RDM Mac are you using?

Do you receive an error message?

Here's an article that may help;
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_webdav.htm

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Im using the latest(?) enterprise version: 5.2.0.0

I did check that article earlier but there seems to be fields/option not corresponding to the Mac version

No error message what so ever unfortunately,

Clock2 yrs

Hi Viktor,

We seem to be missing the "Use SSL" checkbox in Mac. And you're trying to connect to an HTTPS server, so I'll assume this is unlikely to work regardless.

I'm not entirely familiar with your user case though. Usually we would only set the host in the host file (in your case "example.com") and then, the directory path ("/webdav/RDM/" I assume) and finally the filename ("Connections.xml").

To, at the very least, check if we can make sure this work, you could try the corresponding WebDAV session (which use the same component than the data source but has the "Use SSL") in a local data source.

In the mean time, I've added the "Use SSL" check box in the TODO list.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

WebDav session works great, but just like you said there is an SSL checkbox in there.

Clock2 yrs

Hi Viktor,

We'll add missing settings to the WebDav data source in the upcoming version of RDM.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Viktor,

The Use SSL checkbox was added to the WebDav data source in the most recent release of RDM Mac (5.3.0.0). Could you try it and tell us if it works now?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Works like a charm, thanks for the quick add!

Clock2 yrs