Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Issue with latest Microsoft RDP client and newest version of RDM on Mac

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It works fine for the first RDP session, then the next session it just refocuses on the first open RDP. Using older Microsoft Remote Desktop produces Not Responding consistently in Force Quit menu and pinwheel.
Microsoft Remote Desktop works fine without going through Remote Desktop Manager.

Please help.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

I reproduce the issue. I'll see what we can do to fix it.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Any update on this? We were seriously considering the enterprise product for our staff, but we can't with it in the current state.
Please let me know if you need anything else from me to troubleshoot.
Thanks

Jeff Hertzog

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

We can reproduce, so it should be fairly simple to fix (except if its some kind of a limitation with the latest Microsoft Remote Desktop client.

I'll post back as soon as this is resolved.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

Microsoft Remote Desktop.app doesn't seem to open a session from an RDP config file if it already has another session running from a config file.

The quick and easy fixed would be to launch the session by adding the -n arguments to the open command, but this would flood your Dock with instance of Microsoft Remote Desktop app.

The more roundabout way to address this issue would be to file a bug report (or feature request, who know how they'll judge this) to Microsoft so they allow opening multiple RDP config file simultaneously.

Do you think you could live with the trade off of multiple instance of Microsoft Remote Desktop.app running simultaneously.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs