Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Force loading of default.cfg

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to add force loading of the default.cfg file through the group policy settings? Maurice touched on this a couple years ago in this thread (https://forum.devolutions.net/topic26615-terminal-server-deployment-best-practices.aspx) but I haven't seen any other discussion regarding it. We have hundreds of users on terminal services and no matter how many times we tell them to always choose "Use new config (lose mine)", they inevitably ignore it. This causes us to deploy a new configuration file for hundreds of users because of one... (expletive) person.
If the user chooses to ignore the new configuration file when presented with the dialog below, he will not be presented with the choice until the date/time of the default.cfg file has changed.

Clock11 mths

Hello,
This should not be hard to add. I will assign it to Samuel.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Thank you!

Clock11 mths

Hello Ryan,

A new policy with the name of "ForceDefaultConfigurationLoading" will be available in the next beta of RDM and will force users to use the "Default.cfg".

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock10 mths

Hello,

What is the minimum required version of RDM for this setting to work? Particularly, does it work on 12.6.4.0? I'm still being prompted even with this GPO setting in place.

Clock26 days

Hello Steve,

This policy should work with any version of RDM above 13.5.

The beta of RDM 14 should be out in a few days and will also support this policy.

Regards,

Michaël Beaudin

signaturesignature

Clock26 days