Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Double click to open session doesent work, 13.0.2.0

I think I am getting on something,

If you *Unmaximize* RDM (Restore), does your application overlap on the second screen a little?

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

I am not using the two screens at once, so there is no point. Resizing the window has no effect. The only fix is the restart of RDM.

Clock6 mths

Aight,

This bug might be related to the layout itself, found out that deleting the .lyt files in %localappdata% > Devolutions > RemoteDesktopManager, can potentially fix the issue.

@Marcel, before you delete those 6 months old .lyt file, I Would like to use them for further test if you do not mind.

send them at aroy@devolutions.net.

If anyone encounter the issue again after deleting those .lyt files please update this post.

Best Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

I have deleted those files in the past with no success. the issue persists.

Clock6 mths

Alex, please wait till the issue reappears, then I will move those files and send them to you.
Alexandre Roy wrote:

@Marcel, before you delete those 6 months old .lyt file, I Would like to use them for further test if you do not mind.

Clock6 mths

Marcel Lipovsky wrote:

Alex, please wait till the issue reappears, then I will move those files and send them to you.
Alexandre Roy wrote:

Sure that works, Thank you smile.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

I am having the same issue. If I could supply files that may help, please let me know which ones and how to send them to you.

Clock5 mths

hello,

@engageant are you on the lastest build 13.5.8.0 ? This will confirm that the last possible fix we made did not work.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Alexandre Roy wrote:

hello,

@engageant are you on the lastest build 13.5.8.0 ? This will confirm that the last possible fix we made did not work.

Regards,

Just upgraded - will post again if it happens.

Clock5 mths

engageant wrote:

Alexandre Roy wrote:
hello,

Regards,

Just upgraded - will post again if it happens.

Just occurred on 13.5.8.

Clock5 mths

Hi,

I've recieve 2 RDM configuration files of the UI from 2 customer so far that encountered the issue, It helped me alot to theorise what could be the root cause, but havn't got luck yet. I would like to have yours too if possible, just so I can compare your options with the 2 others and see what y'all got in common.

The file is located in %LocalAppData%\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager and is called "RemoteDesktopManager.cfg".
Please follow these steps http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/howto_configurationfile.htm and send it to a aroy@devolutions.net.
If anyone else encounter this issue I suggest you do the same so I can gather as much data as possible to reproduce this issue.

General question I will ask often based on the experience I got with this issue.

1- Do you undock sessions tab often?
2- How many screen do you work with?
3- Do you close the application everyday or does it still run while the computer is in sleep mode?
4- And does the issue manifest right after the computer come out of sleep mode [EDIT] 5/17/2018

We know the issue goes away after an application restart so that is the current workaround.

Really appreciate the time you guys spent helping solving this issue.

Best regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Hi,

Double-click to open session didn't work after my upgrade last friday but I found that this problem only occurred in the 32-bit version (RDM EE 13.5.6.0). In the 64 bit version everything works fine.

Clock4 mths

Maarten Schouten wrote:

Hi,

Double-click to open session didn't work after my upgrade last friday but I found that this problem only occurred in the 32-bit version (RDM EE 13.5.6.0). In the 64 bit version everything works fine.

Our Team is using the 13.5.6.0 64bit version and have this issue, we have multiple reports of it (I'm having it as we speak and verified the 64 bit version is running) . If you need anything for testing please let me know.

Clock4 mths

The next RDM version will have a major update with the third party. This could help. It's really not a simple bug to fix.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Came in with another theory, I just need to know, what kind of anti-virus application do you use ?

I bet most of you will have same product.
regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Win 10 Defender

Clock3 mths

Hi guys, I am running ESET NOD32 Antivirus 11, but I dont think that ESET has anything to do with it.

Clock3 mths

ESET Endpoint AV v6.6 here.

Clock3 mths

@Marcel Lipovsky

You're probably right, my guess is already wrong seeing you're not all on the same anti-virus. I thought about an application that you might have all in common might be the case. This bug is a real mystery and there is defenetly something you all have in common that we do not know and it's probably something that we do not have inside our environment as we have not heard of anyone having encountered the issue before.

I guess knowing if there are more than 1 person is having the issue in your environment would clear that question out.

Regards,

Alexandre Roy

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths