Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Option to ignore website certificate requests for authentication

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, when opening McAfee ePO web interface with an embedded Chrome session in RDM, a dialog box pops up, asking if I want to provide a certificate or continue without one. After opting to continue without one, the expected website login screen is displayed.

As we do not use certificates for user authentication with ePO, I would request a session option to ignore such certificate requests.

Thanks a lot

-------------------
Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise Edition 12.6.6.0 64 Bit - Data Source: SQL Server
Running on Windows Server 2012R2 VMs with Remote Desktop Services feature, serving as common work environment for 30 Windows Server administrators

1.JPG
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

Using Google Chrome in the web browser entry, it's possible to check the option Ignore Certificate in the properties of the session.

Have you checked that option?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

You are referring to "Ignore Certificate Errors" I suppose. No, this option was not checked, I tried again with the option checked but that didn't make any difference. The server certificate is valid though.
And it is not actually a certificate error, it is a request from the server towards the client to supply an authentication certificate, which is a whole different thing from the SSL certificate provided by the server to the client.

Your embedded Chrome seems to detect the website's support for user authentication certificates for logging in instead of (or in addition to?) typical user/password pairs. Which is why the dialog pops up.
When opening the session "external" there is no such dialog and the ePO welcome/login screen opens directly in Chrome.

So it seems to be some advanced functionality that your embedded Chrome offers but which is more of an obstacle in this situation where we don't actually work with authentication certificates.

-------------------
Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise Edition 12.6.6.0 64 Bit - Data Source: SQL Server
Running on Windows Server 2012R2 VMs with Remote Desktop Services feature, serving as common work environment for 30 Windows Server administrators

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I had a chat with our engineering department and it looks like we can add an option for this.

They will work on this, but I cannot provide you a specific timeline when it will be available.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

-------------------

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

We'll have an option in the web browser entries when chrome is selected for "Ignore certificate authentication" which will make it so this prompt doesn't open. This will be in the next beta version.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs