Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Variables in User Interface - possible improvement?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi all,

I would kindly like to know your opinion on the following points wink

• Variables should be displayed as UPPERCASE or lowercase - like the writing style in the Host / URL Field (see attached screenshots 1 and 2) - for the RDP connection the variables are resolved correctly (for my opinion) - for the web entry the uppercase are ignored and the name is shown in lowercase

• If a Connection has a sub connection and it is configured with "PARENT_HOST$ variables, should there resolved on the parent entry;
    Or should the variable displayed? (for better overview where variables are used?) for my opinion it should resolve the variable - also on the parent connection.. See attached screenshots 3-5)

..But... what do you mean? smile

Best Regards,
Min
(Screens from v12.5.1.0)

Clock2 yrs

Hello,
I'm not sure to understand for the #1. Could it be possible that RDM always force the lowercase in url?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,
yes it looks like so.. and therefore the name of the entry are always displayed in lowercase when the variable $HOST$ is used. Maybe for a single connection it makes no difference, but we have templates where the parent is a Web Browser Entry with some sub connections like SSH, SCP etc.. and if for the sub`s the variable $PARENT_HOST$ is used for the names, all names are in lowercase - no chance to change it to uppercase (with the variable variant)..
I can send you a .rdm entry from one of the mentioned templates if you would..

Thanks! smile

Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Yes please. Send me the .rdm it will be much easier to verify for us.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I have verified and there is nothing I can do. Here is how we extract the host name:

Uri uri = new Uri(connection.WebBrowserUrlMain);
return uri.Host;

And uri.Host is the Microsoft .NET code and unfortunately it always returns the host in lowercase:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.uri.host%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Sorry about that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,
thanks for the investigation! Pity, but ok - then we have enter the session name manually if a uppercase name is prefered.
For #2 - whats your opinion? Should the variables already be resolved when the focus is on the parent entry, or is the actually behaviour wanted to see where variables are used on the sub connections?

Thanks!
Regards,
Min

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I'm still investigating this morning for the #2

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs