Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Office 365 Integration

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

One of the challenges as a consultant for a Microsoft Partner is having to manage multiple O365 logins. Because browsers cache the credentials for your main O365 login you have to use "private" browsing in order to login to a different O365 tenant. You can get around this to some extant using "profiles" in Google Chrome but even that is not ideal.
Enter Remote Desktop Manager. I have been using this application to manage remote desktop connections for 5 years now and figure management of O365 tenancy access is a natural fit.
Please consider this functionality as our collective reliance on cloud solutions like O365, Azure, AWS etc grows greater every day.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Do you mean like a console instead of the web page?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Not a console (although I imagine a potential case for that coming in the future) but a private browsing session. I've attempted to leverage the browser session part of Remote Desktop Manager for this but to no avail. If there is an existing ability to do this let me know but I'd love to see "O365" added to the list of session types which can be established and some tailoring of the connection to the authentication method for O365 especially in cases where dual factor is applied.

Thanks for the speedy response by the way wink

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

If you are using the Google Chrome browser type in your web browser entry, you should have the option to do private sessions.
2016 12 08 7 42 17 AM

I hope this helps as a workaround.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2016-12-08 7-42-17 AM.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hi Hubert, I've had a chance to do more experimentation with the web browser login and have worked out why I still believe we need a session type specific to O365.
When you use the web session and setup the form to autofill in an attempt to auto login it won't work. The reason for this is the microsoftonline.com login page has to send a request after you fill in the username to connect you to your O365 tenant's login page. This is important because each tenant may differ in the form fields they require and their authentication method.
If you have an easy solution which doesn't require custom scripting then the current web session may fit the bill otherwise it's worth looking into a new O365 session type which allows you to furnish details on authentication method and such.
Thanks for your help and such a great product!

cheers,

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

I have attached to my post a Office365 session that I have sent to one of our clients and he confirmed me that this session is working well in is environment.

Could you give it a try.

You just need to replace your username/password inside the session after the import.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Office365.rdm
Clock2 yrs

Thanks Jean, that appears to have done the trick.

Clock2 yrs

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

Hello,

I have attached to my post a Office365 session that I have sent to one of our clients and he confirmed me that this session is working well in is environment.

Could you give it a try.

You just need to replace your username/password inside the session after the import.

Best regards,

Hi Jeff

Just tried to import and overall it works fine. But it does not auto login. It fill upp username and password but after that nothing happens. What could be the problem?

\Magnus

Clock2 yrs

@Magnus,

Once the username and password are populated, if you press "Enter" on your keyboard, are you able to get in?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Jeff Dagenais wrote:

@Magnus,

Once the username and password are populated, if you press "Enter" on your keyboard, are you able to get in?

Best regards,

Yes.

Now I understand what the problem is. RDM send [ENTER] one time. That makes the curser to move from usename field to password field. It's only when the curser is in password field that [ENTER] triggers login. Is it possible to send [ENTER] twice?

\Magnus

Clock2 yrs

@Magnus,

I have created a second version of the Office365 entry and I have add a typing macro that just run an "enter" after 12 seconds.

This should allow you to log without doing anything.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Office365v2.rdm
Clock2 yrs