Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Performance Issues: Search

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

we've got some serious performance issues with RDM:
Speaking bluntly, search speed is ... less then stellar at ~7000 entries.

Search on Commit
Currently, search is performed the moment RDM thinks we are done typing, which feels like about 200ms. It will then lock the GUI and do the searching (for about 10 seconds, which is long as far as interactive GUI is concerned). This leads to significant waits while you made a typo, wanted to reconsider or are just a plain slow typer (one of my colleagues is. He takes about 3-4 minutes to retrieve a single password).
Instead, an option to switch search mode to non-automatic (so we need to hit "enter" when done typing the filter) would significantly increase usability for us.
While I think there's room for improvement in the general performance of the search, however, having to suffer the wait only once per search would already be a vast improvement and should be fairly simple to implement, in comparison to a full overhaul of the search.

If this is already implemented, then I have failed to find it and would appreciate a pointer as to how to do this. As it is at the moment, the program is a serious speedbump.

Cheers,
Friedrich

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

There is already an option to make the search only trigger on an "enter" key press. You can access it by going in File > Options > User interface > Keyboard, and checking the option "Filter the tree list only on enter key pressed"
2016 11 25 8 25 54 AM

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2016-11-25 8-25-54 AM.jpg
Clock2 yrs

Hello,

thank you sooo much. Didn't see that option, will make our lives so much easier smile

Cheers,
Friedrich

Clock2 yrs