Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

RDM with Gateway Doesn't Prompt for RD Gateway Connections

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello

We have a MAC client that is using the same datastore that our windows clients are using.

We wanted to configure them all to use the RD Gateway. However when we do that, since there are multiple users we were leaving the Connection Settings for the RD Gateway to "ask for password" thus the individual user would have to use their credentials vice storing them. That also gives us the ability to know who is logged in, vice a centralized name.

Works as advertised and expected within Windows. However, from the MAC client we get some error that flashes quickly, but is an authentication error because it doesn't prompt for credentials. IF we then store a username\password in that same connection it works just fine.

What am I missing?

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

It looks like something is broken here.
Let me investigate the issue and I will get back to you.

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I found your issue and fixed it internally.
The fix should be available in our next release.
I also have a suggestion for you. If you want to allow your user to connect without having to type their credentials every time they connect you could make them configure their Local/User Specific Settings depending on the Data Source you are using and the way your user connect.

The Local Specific setting will be stored safely on the Local machine while the User Specific settings will be available on every computer a specific user uses if you are using a Data Source that supports it and that every user has their own account.

This can be accessed through the entry contextual menu by selecting the Edit Entry (Local Specific Settings) or Edit Entry (User Specific Settings) under the Edit sub-menu.

This feature is available on Windows and will be fixed on Mac in the next release.

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs