Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

Connections not shown, refreshes indefinetly, Sql server data source

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi All,

I set up Android app to use SQL Server data source, username/password authentication, no integrated security, no SSL.
Test connection to Server and DB works fine from the settings screen.
When the app starts it just says Refreshing connections ... it lasts forever, I think my phone even rebooted once because of it.
I have Android 6.0.1, GM 5 Plus, I've sent couple of reports from the app itself yesterday (1st Sep 2016, I got popup since it was unresponsive).

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
How many sessions do you have in your SQL Server database?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

No idea

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Can you get into the app if you deactivate your phone's internet? (i.e. by activating airplane mode)

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Yes I can, after "refreshing connections" progress message I get expected "The data source is offline"

Clock4 yrs

BTW is it maybe possible that this is related to DB performance or amount of data there? Desktop version is also slow if I work online.
I tried also changing timeouts in the android app data source settings but it did not help.

Clock4 yrs

Yes it's possible, although normally it should just take longer to load, not hang up indefinitely.

Could you send us your application logs? This will help us identify the issue.

To send the logs, from the app's main menu go in "Help and Support" > "Report a problem/Send logs". Your internet connection will need to be active to send the logs.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Sure, thanks for provided info and help.
Report message sent.

Clock4 yrs

Thank you for the logs. Can you try changing your data source to use the server's IP address and see if it helps?

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I managed to see connections after changing source to use IP Address, refreshing lasted 3 to 4 minutes, after that I edited data source, enabled offline mode and returned timeouts do defaults, went back to connections, refreshing connections info shown ... app crashed.
Started the app again -> refreshing connections ... app shuts down after a while.
Reported once after crash and sent report message now.

Clock4 yrs

Thank you for the logs. There seems to be a problem with the refresh when a data source has a very large number of connections. To make sure this is your issue, could you check the following :

-Can you open the data source from Windows and check the number of entries? You should see it next to the search bar in the main window (i.e. "300 ENTRIES").

-If you have a different database with less entries in it or if you can create one, can you try connecting to it and see if it works correctly?

Thank you

Best Regards,

Benoît Racine

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Milan,

A special build could be available in a few days with a possible fix for the problem that you are experiencing.

Would you like to give it a try and test it ?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Nicolas,

Nice, I would like to try it out.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Milan,

Can you please send an email to : ndufour@devolutions.net

We will send you an email with a link to the build when it is ready.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs