Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Cisco Anyconnect plugin not submitting credentials properly

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I just thought I would check to see if anyone has had intermittent problems with the cisco anyconnect plugin? I have some workstations that work fine and others that will insert messed up info or insert it very slowly. The versions of the client and the vpn client are the same across both. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with the specific workstation and what I could check with regards to this? Anyone seen anythign like this before?

Thanks!

John

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

Just to advise everyone that John's post is to inquire to the users of the community, not Devolutions' staff. We have had a remote session with him and one of his workstations is acting differently from all the others. I do not remember seeing this issue elsewhere.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I am having the same issue. After it picks the group, the username and password do not submit correctly.

Clock4 yrs

Please send us a video of your issue.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I'll need a direct email address to send this link to. Since this will reveal a URL to the VPN and the user ID I can't post it publicly.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

You can send it at support@devolutions.net.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

@john, its not showing slowness as we saw on your colleagues computer.

@ccexpert, we see the timing seems all right, then three letters of the username being typed, then being cleared. Can you confirm the three letters we see are indeed the start of the username?

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Maurice,

I have the same problem.

What I noticed is that after FDM thinks it has send the characters to the command line screen, it shows a popup screen saying that it is waiting for the VPN connection to be established. Maybe a adjustable delay for the popup screen can solve this problem.

Best regards,

Jeroen Bos

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We will ask engineering to look into this.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

If you double click on a VPN entry directly, you will see that the popup appears after we've finished handling the Anyconnect """workflow""" [rant]why in 2017 does such a tool accept only certain parameters over the command line is beyond me....[/rant]

Could you try launching RDM as administrator to see if it is related to a security config of some sort?

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Maurice,

I will try it when I'm at home tonight, because from my current workplace it is impossible to set up the vPN connection.

Regards,

Jeroen Bos.

Clock3 yrs

Hello there,

is there any Update? I'm having the same Issue. But only when using the Jumphost function. When Using the RDM ON the Jumphost, the Connection is established without any issues. When using the Jump function, the vpncli is opened, the "waiting for dialog" Box appears and nothing happens.

Best Regards,

Julian

Clock3 yrs

@Julian Frings,

What version of RDM are you using?

Are you launching RDM as an administrator? We have seen a lot of VPN that needs to be open as an administrator to launch properly.

Where the VPN is configured exactly? I mean on which session, the jump host or the remote host?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

Hate to be 'that guy' but we have the same issue too. upset The issue is only present on one of our machines here. We are all running the same version of RDM, on Windows 7, using SQL as our data source. Just like the above, it is only an issue on one machine. No matter what we change, all the other machines connect without an issue, but this one machine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the issue remains

• RDM - 10.0.6.0 64-bit (all the same)
  • Cisco AnyConnect Plugin - 3.0.36.0 (all the same)
  • Cisco Client - 4.4.243.0 (all the same)
  • All running as administrators

What is weird is that it occasionally works, then stops. The password occasionally types in the user name, the user name occasionally deletes itself after three characters. We noticed that occasionally a screen very quickly pops up when the password is being entered. Using screen recording software, it turned out to be the RDM VPN timeout screen. Not sure why it is popping up whilst a password is being entered.

Any help much appreciated. We are in the process of buying the software, however proving difficult if I can't sell its reliability internally upset

Thanks
Tom

Clock3 yrs

@Tom Vining,

In the past, I have performed a lot of tests with Cisco AnyConnect and the issue that you encounter with Windows 7 is usually caused by the UAC in Windows.

Could you try to disable or enable UAC on your Windows 7 computer. Please consult http://superuser.com/questions/83677/disabling-uac-on-windows-7 if needed.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. Our UAC settings were different. Mine was set to recommended, default, the other user was set to off. He has changed it to default, same as mine and the issue still remains upset

UPDATE:- They didn't restart. Issue now appears to be resolved! wink - Thanks

Thanks
Tom

Clock3 yrs

@Tom Vining,

Glad that is now working as expected.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello Jeff,

We are using Version 13.0.6.0 of RDM. Launching RDM as Administrator doesn't make a differece, it there always the same Issue when using the Jumpfunction. When starting RDM local on the Jumphost (as Admin or as non-Admin) the VPN-Connection runs properly. When using the Jumpfunction, the VPN-Connection always stucks at the credentials.

The VPN is configured for the "hosts"-Folder that are using the Jumphost-funtion and VPN. The Hosts itself have this connection settings inherited. But we've also tried to configure it for every Host. There was no difference.

Best Regards,

Julian

Clock3 yrs

Hello again,

deactivating the UAC doesn't help.

Best Regards,

Julian

Clock3 yrs

@Julian Frings,

Have you disabled the UAC on your computer or on the Jump host?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hey Jeff,

i have disabled the UAC on the Jumphost, where the VPN-Connection should be established. Actually we are entering the Credentials by Hand.

Best Regards,

Julian

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Let me investigate this with our engineering department and get back to you.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hey Jeff,

thank you.

Regards,

Julian

Clock3 yrs

Hello, we are having the same issue on RDM 13.0.6.0. Any news about a solution ?

Regards

Clock2 yrs

Hi Rudy,

I'm having trouble setting myself up correctly to reproduce the issue.

Could you please export your setup, including the parent folder, jump session & VPN configuration.

Export it .RDM format (no password). This will produce a file containing XML. Open it in your favorite text editor and change (replace everything with X's) the values of anything with sensitive information (IP, machine names, passwords, etc)

Send us the file via email (support@devolutions.net) or via private messages.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs