Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Teamviewer Windows credentials

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi!

In TeamViewer, to access a computer as admin without the user having admin privileges, there's a method to log in using Windows credentials instead of the standard TeamViewer password.

Instead of entering the Password, you click on Advanced, then select Windows credentials and enter Domain\User and password to run Teamviewer using those credentials on the client. The user must then click only "Yes" in the UAC dialog (without entering an Admin password) and then I have full access.

Would it be possible to implement this option (using Windows credentials instead of TeamViewer password) in RDM?
I don't know the TeamViewer API or if it's possible through a command line or something...

It would be very handy because I could create one Session named "Remote Assistance as Admin" for example (for a specific customer) and can point it to the Windows Admin credential entry. Otherwirse I always have to enter the Domain\User and password manually, which is annoying.

Cheers
Daniel

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
As far as I know this was already requested to TV and they never have added a command line parameter for that. Perhaps you could verify with them if they plan to do it?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Will this work on Team Viewer for personal use or free version?

Clock6 yrs

Hello,

I'am new to this forum but for our company i'am looking in to the possibility of using RDM in combination (overlaying) our Teamviewer and Remote desktop connections.

We use teamviewer for a while now and i would like to implement the Windows authentication future in stead of the static or changing passwords.
We can enable this in the clients when installing the computer or in our custom teamviewer deployment but i could not find the option to connect to a teamviewer client using Windows authentication (stored/cashed in RDM) when starting a connection using RDM.

i came across this post and I hope seeing this is form the year 2012 that this is added in RDM.
Could someone enlighten me on this?

Cheers

Clock5 yrs

Hello,

I checked again Teamviewer's options and it is still not supported from the command line.

sorry about that, but we have to wait for Teamviewer to support this.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs