Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Problem when connecting to Win-Servers running Citrix

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

with RDM for Mac 2.0.4.0 I'm running in to the following issues when trying to connect to Windows servers running Citrix XenApp 7.6:
- Either it is "The peer connection was lost"
- or it is "Cannot connect to host <some error number>".

When connecting using Microsoft Remote Desktop, I receive an error concerning the certificate of the server (the signed cert is only installed on the storefront server, not on the workers). I can, however, connect by either installing the cert, or by ignoring the error message.

When connecting using RDM for Windows, everything works as expected.

Can I somehow configure RDM for Mac to either show the warning about the cert (which I guess is the root issue)?
The session setting about server authentication verification is without effect.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards
Markus

Clock5 yrs

Hi Markus,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing when you say "The session setting about server authentication verification is without effect."
You are talking about this (the red arrow):
SessionConnection

The error number could help me so if you can what number or numbers you get I would appreciate it.

You could also try to check or uncheck NLA (the blue arrow) we had user who had issue with it.

Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

SessionConnection.png
Clock5 yrs

Hi Benoît,

yes, I meant those two settings. I have tried all kinds of variations, but to no avail.
Unfortunately the error number is only displayed very rarely, about 99% RDM only shows "The peer connection was lost".

Since all other Windows servers are accessible by RDM for Mac, and only those Citrix XenApp servers are inaccessible by the Mac version (Windows version works flawlessly), it seems to have to be connected with the selfsigned certificate of those XenApp workers.
The server on which Citrix storefront is running, and which has a CA signed certificate, is also accessible without problems.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Markus

Clock5 yrs

Hi Markus,

I got a suggestion for you. You can try to export your session from Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac and import them in RDM for Mac. It sometimes happen that there is a setting that is not set properly by RDM for Mac.

If you don't mind I would also like to see that rdp file. It will helps un find what is going wrong.

You can send it directly to me at bsansregret@devolutions.net

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Benoît,

thank you. I have sent you a PM with the RDM file with the corresponding sessions.
Even after exporting and re-importing the Windows RDM-file to RDM for Mac, the behavior is the same.

Kind regards,
Markus

Clock5 yrs