Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Arrange Sessions.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is there a way that I can arrange the sessions?
I have all my machines in groups, any way I can sort them manually?

Clock5 yrs

Hi Daren,

I just want to make sure of what list of sessions you want to be sorted.
Is it the Navigation Pane on the left side of the main window or is it the Session list on the right when you select a group

Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Yeah what I mean is on the left side. On the left there is the "Sessions" section, under there I have organized them in Groups. I have a group called SBC, a group called CAC, a group called CBC, and a group called Misc. I would like to arrange them in that order. How it is now it's CAC CBC Misc SBC

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Thank you for the precision. The Windows version has a feature to prioritize some entry over others in the navigation panel but this feature is not available in the Mac version right now.

It's now in our feature request log.

Thank you for your feedback

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Daren,

It seems that the feature you are looking for is already implemented!

All you need to do is set a sort priority in the advanced tab of your group configuration.
The higher the value the higher the entry will be in the Navigation pane
Sort+Priority
Daren

In my example, I've set the sort priority of every folder except Misc to 1.
So every folder with a sort priority of 1 are sorted alphabetically and then every folder with a sort priority of 0 are sorted.

Sorry about the confusion about the feature availability

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Daren.png
Sort Priority.png
Clock5 yrs

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late reply, I have been out of town. I do not see the option for priority. Is this a feature of the paid version? I am using the free version.

Clock5 yrs

Hi Daren,

Unfortunately, the feature is part of the Enterprise Edition offer.

Regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Benoit,
I'm looking for the same thing as Daren.
Simply to sort the folders in an order I want. Take the folder and drop it at the right place. Doing this by set different priority levels looks for me a bit cumbersome.
There is no other possibility?

I'm using (at the moment) a trial version and the feature looks not opened (I can see it, but it is not changeable.).

Regards
-Stefan

Clock5 yrs

Hi Stefan,

The drag & drop functionality allows you to move a entry from a group to an other, so it's not available for changing the sort priority.

I don't seem to have your issue with the trial version though. Can you make sure your trial is still valid?

The next version will contain a contextual menu on group to allow you to sort the entries inside a group:

SortEntries

There is some restrictions to this:
-You can't order groups
-You can't have this window for a root (Sessions, Credentials, Macro/Script/Tools)

Is this something that would make it less cumbersome for you?

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

SortEntries.png
Clock5 yrs

Hi Benoit,
thanks for the explanation for the reason that it can't be sorted by drag & drop.
Attached two snapshots from my environment.
In the first one you see a folder I want to set the priority, but it is not changeable.

and here the version I use:

We got second 30 days from you guys to evaluate it for our purposes.
And now we have 17 days left.

I'm looking forward for a new version which includes the sort function for session entries (not folders) .
And it would be great if I could have the priority setting working ;-)

That all helps a lot to have the overview over all the sessions.

Thanks
-Stefan

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
one more comment:
set the priority a specific session works fine.

Best Regards
-Stefan

Clock5 yrs

Hi again,
today we got a full license and indeed the feature you mentioned is now activated. So it looks there are differences between the full license and the trial license regarding functionality...
Not sure if this is correct, but is looks so.
But anyway - I'm happy that I can change the order of folders now.

Regards
-Stefan

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Good news, we're happy that you like the sorting feature.
As for difference between the Trial and Full licence, there should be no difference and it's fixed internally.

Thank you for your feedback

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs