Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Redirecting of printers not working

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I am trying to redirect my local printers so I can print on the terminal server. I have selected the check box for Printer on the Local Resources tab. The printers will not show up. I have tried this on our new windows 2012 R2 terminal server and our old Windows 2008 R2 terminal server, and both will not redirect the printers.

When I connect using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app I do get the printers to redirect. Is there something I am doing wrong in Remote Desktop Manager that could deb causing this?

Steps: 1. connect to Terminal server using Remote Desktop Manager. No remote printers are mounted
2. Connect to terminal server using Microsoft Remote Desktop. Printers mount
3. Reconnect to Terminal Server using RemoteDesktop Manager. No remote printers are mounted.

I tried to delete the Remote Desktop Manager app and putting it back in but no avail. Tearing my hair out as we have a weird printing issue with the newer version of Microsoft Remote Desktop that I was hoping would work correctly in Remote Desktop Manager.

My machine is a macbook Pro running OS X 10.10. I did not have RDM before I installed 10.10 so I do no know if it is a OS X version thing or not.
Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
It's look like the same issue here:

http://forum.devolutions.net/topic17717-local-network-printers-not-redirected.aspx

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Silly question, but where does it store the configuration file? I checked the ~/library and the preferences and cannot see it. I know I am probably just missing something stupid here, but need some assistance finding the file.

Thanks much for the help!

Dave

Clock5 yrs

Oups! This is not supported on the mac I think My mistake. I suspect that's a special driver that need to be installed on Windows.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

I will let the Mac people check that.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

All of our configuration files are in here ~/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager
As David mentioned RDP file link is not implemented on the Mac version, but you can import an RDP file if you need to.

I have tested the printer redirection and I have the same issue you have. We will investigate this as soon as possible.

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

Good news we found the problem and it's now fixed internally.
We hope to release the fix very soon.

I'll keep you posted

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

The latest version is out with your fix.
You can download it here http://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

Tell me if it fixed your issue

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

That did fix it. Thank you so much for finding that so quickly and getting the patch put in. You all are great!

Cheers

Dave

Clock5 yrs