Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

SecureCRT Support

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Thanks for the amazing work, I only found the program yesterday and I am just starting to get the hang of it, I will buy it soon if it works even partially as well as I hope. One feature request is support for SecureCRT, it's a great program we use in work all the time for telnet connections. I just wanted to throw the request into the hat, only one other person has mentioned it so far but if there are others out there to request the same maybe it would be worthwhile doing.

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
thank you for your comments. I will try to add support to this product but not for the next release, but... I'm working on an SDK. It will be very simple to add support to missing product with a small AddOn in .NET. I will provide some samples and maybe somebody will develop it before me.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

I know there are five of us here that use it daily and would definitely appreciate seeing that in RDM. You have our votes for that integration!

Keep up the great work, we are still evaluating RDM and love it so far!

Clock10 yrs

Hi guys,
If I create an AddOn, would you test it for me ?

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

I will help with testing SecureCRT support as well if it is needed.

Clock10 yrs

Absolutely!

Clock10 yrs

I would LOVE a SecureCRT addition.

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
I created an AddOn for SecureCRT. It's very basic for now, but I will add more option later.

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/remotedesktopmanager/Home.aspx/AddOn

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Amazing work David! I have just got it working. If you need to open a specific session and it's in a tree/branch grouping you can format it the following way in the session box to support it: Company Name\Specific Device. Works great!

Clock10 yrs

So far so good. Looking forward to future development with it within RDM!

Thank you for adding that feature so quickly! Toast

Clock10 yrs

Hi All, Have any of you found a way to mass import the Secure CRT sessions? I have a LOT of them and was wondering the quickest way to add them...

Clock9 yrs

hi all. Is there any way to import SecureCRT sessions? i have a billion of them and i would rather not have to re-create them.
Thanks

Clock9 yrs

I never found a proper way to import a lot of session at once. During my brief attempts to figure it out I found the add-on acted un-reliably. If someone finds a quick way to do this, or is able to code something that would work please let me know too!

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I will see what I can do, but not in the short term.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Anything in the near future to import SecureCRT sessions?

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
The next version will contains an Import SDK, I will try to do a proof of concept with SecureCRT

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi David!
I'm also interested in a feature that can import SecureCRT (and maybe SecureFX) session into RDM supported SSH session.
For example:
from SecureCRT session to "built-in" SSH Shell.
Is this possible ?
Regards
PiCo

Clock6 yrs

Do you mean convert it to built-in ssh?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

HI David,
Exactly what I mean.
Convert securecrt sessione intorno built-in ssh sessione.
It is possible?
Regards

Clock6 yrs

This won't be easy since SecureCRT is an add-on but I will see what I can do after the holidays.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs