Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

VNC Viewer Plus

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I work with computers that have been set up with Intel AMT vPro and I use VNC viewer Plus to connect the VNC server in the vpro of the machine.
I tried setting up a RealVNC connection but it for vncviewer.exe of RealVNC and the VNC Viewer Plus executible is called vncviewerplus.exe
So is it possible to include the VNC Viewer Plus as a type of connection for the VNC type?
Thanks

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I will gladly add this. Could you verify if it contains more command line parameter that we could support?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
This will be in the next beta

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I'm not sure i understand what you mean by 'more command line parameters that we could support"
I looked at command lines that the executable (vncviewerplus.exe) supports and it seems that it has support for most everything you get in the GUI, so there are quite a few command line options if you wanted.

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
I have installed it and verified. I was looking one specific: password. It's not here.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

The VNC viewer plus works with certificates - You need certain ssl certificates to be trusted in order to make a connection, this is the case at least with the connection mode on 'Intel AMT KVM'. So actually there is no password needed for this type of connection. Hope that helps.

Clock7 yrs

Hi Again
Its been awhile to start using the AMT setting in RDM.
I've been trying to configure it with VNC Viewer Plus but it seems that it is preconfigured to use UltraVNC? I wasn't aware that ultravnc could work with the AMT KVM? I thought at this point the VNC Viewer Plus was the only program that could be used (besides Intel SDK viewer)?
Anyways, is it possible to allow the use of VNC Viewer Plus? the default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\RealVNC\VNCViewerPlus\vncviewerplus.exe

Also I noticed in the ribbon the AMT tools that there is the 'Open Web Interface' which goes to http:\\computer:16992, however there is (which is what we use) the secure channel https:\\computer:16993, would it be possible to add this to the interface?

PS - the ultravnc connection fails but works with the VNC Viewer Plus

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Unfortunately it's not possible for us to get a license of VNC Viewer Plus. We are aware that some mode does not work with UltraVNC. I will add the https interface and try to add the VNC Viewer Plus as an external tool.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

But i'm not talking about licensing VNC Viewer Plus, I already have a licensed copy, and I assume a good portion of people using this feature would have a licensed copy. What we need is just for RDM to allow the command line to it, no? A bit the same way it does for putty, etc.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
We will add RealVNC Plus as an external mode for sure, but it won't be embedded in RDM. It just does not work and to embed it, we need to buy a global license.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

That would be great - I like integrating all the stuff possible in RDM, but if it goes to an non-embedded window I'm fine with that.

RDM has become pretty much the center of daily work. thanks a lot for making it!

Clock6 yrs

Hi David - any update on adding this feature, i'm on 9.2.6.0 and I don't see it as an option.

thanks

Clock5 yrs

Hi,

If you want to connect using RealVNC, you need to set your display to External mode in your VNC session.

Regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

ok - got it - I had to go and find vnc viewer plus in the drop down list.

Thanks

Great product RDM!

Clock5 yrs