• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Any chance of a VNC client being added
using chicken now, not great though

thank you

Peter

Clock7 yrs

Hi,
We might support some VNC client soon but only in external mode.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 yrs

I got the latest version of the Beta, but noticed that it doesn't have VNC within it so I'm actually still using vnc viewer to get to a large portion of our machines. Of course having only just started using the beta version and having used the PC version for so long I may be just missing something. So if anyone can let me know.

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

The Mac version do not support any VNC client right now but it's working it's way toward top priority.

Thank you for manifesting your interest in this feature

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I just deleted David's post. He didn't notice the question was for the Mac version.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

All...

I have recently moved to Mac from Windows where I used your product all the time. I see that VNC is an issue. I don't know if you have it resolved and not released or if it's a "problem" but I did just find this link - Apparently VNC viewing and serving are built into OSX 10.4? and higher. It may make integration easier (or harder).

http://www.davidtheexpert.com/post.php?id=5

Anyways look forward to the product's development!

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

VNC integration is still not implemented in Remote Desktop Manager.
We are aware of the existence of VNC built in the Mac OS but we are not fixed on using it or using a third party with more flexibility.

Thank you for your interest

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I understand both sides of this cube, but we connect RDM to our SQL server of course for the thousans odd machines that have VNC on them I cannot connect to them with my mac and have to use PC which is not convenient at best of times, I'm aware of packages and scripts I can use in RDM to open up VNC but honestly why make it so complicated is this product ever going to come out of BETA or is it just a joke to get people fed up of using their mac with faint hope and then moving to PC version. There are times I have to use both at different locations as I am sure a lot of users also do in this modern day of multiple technologies and I will not be suprised when people will be looking to remote with Android Tablets or Apple tablets. I do hope that you can actually come into future technologies as up to this point you've been helpful but things are moving fast out there and you may be losing the race when other companies are fed up of waiting and buying the more expensive remote desktop management software tools.

Clock6 yrs

Thank you for your comments.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I gave up on this product moths ago, sloppy GUI and it constantly crashes
Use Royla TSX

Clock6 yrs

Hi Petiel,
Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we will continue to improve our Mac version. I hope you will give us another chance eventually.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Just a quick note to let you know that VNC will be available soon.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Petiel could you tell us what you don't like from Chicken VNC?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I finally got REAL VNC viewer to work using command prompt. I opened package contents and copied the whole contents to package area and then in command line Run /Applications/Contents/MacOS/vncviewer $HOST$

in host credentials put the url of the host i.e. machine name.domain

now on opening the session the terminal opens vncviewer with the machine details. still have to put in the security password but is faster than using MAC OSX screen sharing which is open vnc://hostname and more reliable. if anyone can figure out how to get the terminal command to also put the password details in would be handy :-)

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Petiel could you tell us what you don't like from Chicken VNC?

Crashes
Does not always connect to a tight Vnc client
Sucks
Peter

Clock6 yrs

Hello, I know VNC is now an option, but is restricted to specific apps. Generally, I use the Apple Screen Sharing app since I am connecting to other macs and it works very reliably.

Any chance integrating this in as a vnc option or it's own connection/session?

Have used the product since the beginning of the beta and now that the bugs are generally cleared, greatly appreciate the app.

-David

Clock6 yrs

Hi David,
You can take a look at the roadmap:

http://blog.devolutions.net/2015/01/devolutions-roadmap-2015.html

You will see that we are currently working on the implementation of Apple Remote Desktop. We already have a working version as long as you don't use Yosemite. The missing part is the Apple Adaptive Code (MVS) but that something we are currently working on.

This will resolve the Yosemite issue and it will also greatly improve the performance. We will also soon support Intel AMT KVM which is based on VNC.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs