Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Problem with connection using Wayk Now in RDM Enterprise and without RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello

Any update of this issue. There is still problem withi connection in all options. I still have that cannot resolve hostname.

Stay in touch.

Clock3 mths

Hi,

Is this still the same issue as last week? https://forum.devolutions.net/topic32838-problem-with-connection-using-wayk-now-i-rdm-enterprise-and-without-rd.aspx

I tried digging the logs from a week ago, and the latest Wayk Den IDs do appear offline at this point. Can you confirm the current Wayk Den ID of your client and server? The most meaningful information is Wayk Den ID of the target you are trying to reach. If you are still using the Wayk Den 6-digit ID, it would be important to grab the unique id of your target machine (something like f0fac451-e378-4b7a-ab2b-ae1440d19c8a) and create a bookmark with it.

The unique id can be found in the "About Wayk Now" box of the server: https://helpwayk.devolutions.net/commands_help.htm#about-wayk-now

When creating a bookmark, enter only the unique id and leave the short id field empty: https://helpwayk.devolutions.net/commands_bookmarks.htm#add-a-bookmark

If you already use the unique id, sending it to us would be helpful in getting to the bottom of the problem. I would like to rule out a potential Wayk Den id reset as being the cause of the target resolution issues.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi,

I have sent you a private message with some information about what I believe could be your target machine, and the current target id. I confirmed that it can be resolved, I'm just not sure that it is the right machine.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello i am using unique id and connection is still not working all the time is that cannot resolve name???????? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how long it will take ???????

It look like dev team dont know what is doing ????????

Clock4 mths

Hi,

I sent you a private message earlier this week, as mentioned in this thread. Did you see it?

On November the 3rd, you attempted resolving "e1853e5b-8070-b6a5-798f-c2025dadca51", which is a valid unique id for a machine currently online. However, the unique id should not be used directly as a target id, it should be put in a bookmark, making sure not to put the short id (we'll fix this behaviour).

If e1853e5b-8070-b6a5-798f-c2025dadca51 is the correct unique id, then the current short id would be "385344". Let me know if the information is good, I have confirmed that "385344" is an id that can be resolved.

If I have guessed incorrectly, please send me the unique id of the target you are trying to reach. The unique id can currently only be used in one way: by creating a bookmark where you include the unique id and not the short id (6 digits). If the short id is present it will be used instead of the unique id. You cannot put the unique id in the "target id" text box. I agree that this is a bit confusing and we'll improve how the unique id can be used in the future.

You can find the short id from the unique id at any time by changing the last part of the following URL:
https://wayk.link/key/e1853e5b-8070-b6a5-798f-c2025dadca51
{"denUrl":"wss://den.wayk.net","targetId":"385344"}

This is the information that is fetched by Wayk Now when a bookmark is configured with a unique id.
If the information is correct but you still cannot connect, it is possible that the unattended service gets stuck. We have made a couple of changes in the code since the last release to fix different conditions where this happens. In addition to this, we plan on upgrading the Wayk Den infrastructure this Thursday with additional fixes that should really improve overall stability.

First things first, please confirm the information above, otherwise please tell me the unique id and short id that you are trying to connect to, and I'll see what I can do on my side.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths