Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

ADDON Request - Sophos Connect Client

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Devolution's devs,

Im sure ive not seen it in the current beta Add on manger or in the release notes so I wanted to request if Sophos Connect Client could be an addition to RDM's Addon library please? We have the old Sophos SSL VPN client but there is Sophos Connect client & admin which came out a few releases ago on Sophos XG v17.5.x.

Please find links below which may come in useful: -

Documentation
https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/133109

CLI docs
https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/133280

General Documentation
https://docs.sophos.com/nsg/sophos-connect/help/en-us/PDF/scon_h.pdf

If you need the MSI's I can provide those if needed.

Thanks

JK

JK
Devolutions Force Member (and Long time Devolutions Fan)

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Thank you for providing links for the CLI information. We will open a ticket to add this addon to RDM.

Do you have an example of the commands you would like integrated within RDM? From what I can tell it would be the Add and Remove commands when RDM opens/closes the VPN.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Basically id like the same functionality as the existing Sophos VPN addon but for the new Sophos Connect Client VPN.

Thanks

JK

JK

Clock6 mths

Hello,

Thank you, we will see what we can do.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

Any update on this addon request yet?

JK

Clock5 mths

Hello,

This is still on our todo list. We've been focusing more on stability and bringing a few big changes to RDM with the current beta 2019.2.X, but we'll hopefully have time to work on this soon.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 mths

So still not had time to look at creating a Sophos Connect VPN client Addon??

My bad found the SDK thread! lol soz

Well that was depressing the SDK thread doesnt seem to have any SDK or documentation downloads in it? Can someone from Devolutions Send me the RDM SDK and Docs pls?

Thanks

JK

Clock7 days

Hello John,
If you are able to create a small application in C# with two buttons it will be easy for us to convert it to a VPN connection type.

Connect
Disconnect

The problem that we have with this type of add-on is the test environment.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Hi David,

Yeah I actually wanted to create the addon myself but i wasn't able to find the RDM ADDON SDK anywhere, i did post on the SDK Thread too asking for it but haven't had a reply yet so are you able to PM me a link for the SDK?

JK

Clock5 days

We no longer offer the SDK:

https://blog.devolutions.net/2019/06/improved-feature-rdm-add-on-manager

We have technical limitation (UI components).

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Great so the SDK thread is redundant now then, ive been asking customer services and posting all diff threads here as i need to create my own Sophos Connect Addon ASAP but without the SDK i dont have a set base for my development?

So about this Sophos Connect addon, Could i de-compile the existing Sophos VPN Addon to modify? You mentioned C# so can i assume thats how RDM and the existing addons have been using code wise yes?

If you could elaborate a bit more on what exactly i need to do to get this Addon made pls PM me if its better for this subject?

Also you might want to get the SDK thread removed if the SDK has gone full stop now but that news has really disappointed me as id expect the SDK would be something you would encourage use of to help get more ADDON's created. Now im getting a better idea as to why so many of my other ADDON's have stopped working?

Thanks

JK

Clock5 days

Hello,

Sorry to jump in. We were actually working on integrating this add-on, and it should be available in the next beta version. Since we don't have the infrastructure to test the add-on here, it would be great if you could give us feedback on if everything works as expected.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

I would be happy to Test the add on for you thats no problem! So if you would like me to test it PM it to me before you rls it and ill give it a good run in before you add it officially! I am a veteran Beta / alpha tester!!

JK

Clock5 days

Hello,

This add-on will be integrated with version 2020.1.9.0. Only the Add and Disable commands will be supported for now since we don't have the proper setup to test everything, but we could probably add more features in future updates.

Regards

Jonathan Del Signore
signaturesignature

Clock5 days

As mentioned in an earlier post if you ever need anything tested in RDM im happy to help test new Addons or even other RDM aspects?

Would it be possible to get the raw unbuilt resources used for this addon at all?

JK

Clock3 days