Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

13.0.8.0 - Bug Report: Merge credential list with session setting are ignored & Add-On update window

Hi,

• the mentioned setting is disabled - but in the tree view the credential section is gone, instead it is merged with the session section:

• If you cick --> Help --> Check for Updates and RDM is up to date, but not the add-ons - the add-on update windows appears two times if you click Close

Best Regards,

Min

Clock9 mths

Hello,

You're absolutely right! Thank you so much for reporting this!

I will open a ticket for our engineers.

Thank you again!

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock9 mths

Thank you!

I'm glad to help wink

Regards,
Min

Clock9 mths

Hello,

I had a discussion with my team about this and we now have an option for it also in Administration -> Data Source Settings -> Types which is enabled by default;

Could you please make sure it's disabled?

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock9 mths

Hi Mark,

thanks, that was it! Now the sessions and credentials are seperated agein! smile

An improvement suggestion: a notice would nice, if you check or unchek the option, that RDM need a restart to apply the setting. wink

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Min

Clock9 mths

Thank you for the suggestion.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 mths

We just upgraded to 13.0.5 and the sessions and credentials were merged (even though a colleague and myself had disabled the option in our settings).

Turns out the global (admin) setting (I didn't even know this settings was available :-)) was set to enable overriding the personal setting (as you describe above).

Was this option on admin set to disabled before (and now it is set by default to enabled?)

Clock7 mths

Hello,
It's now a setting in the Data source settings to avoid inconsistency in the database. We now recommend to always merge the Credentials and use the Credential List ribbon button instead. By splitting them, you create a possible duplicate folder hierarchy and it could lead to some security mistake. The other workaround is to create your own Credentials folder at the root and change the Sort Order to make sure it's always the last folder.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock7 mths

If you are going to move this setting into the data source, it should not only be available to Team Data Sources. I could easily setup a SQL Server (or some other Team Data Source) for the Data Source, but why should I have to? Using Dropbox allows me to use the same data source on a home computer as well as a work computer. I understand moving it, but don't penalize people for the data source they have chosen.

Clock6 mths

Hello,

I will verify with the engineering department if it's possible to make it work with a Dropbox datasource.

As a workaround, you can create an XML database and point it to the "Connection.xml" in your dropbox.

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Hello,

We fixed this issue for individual datasources. The changes should be available in the next patch.

Regards

Samuel Baker

signaturesignature

Clock6 mths

Thank You!!!

Clock6 mths