Forum / Password Vault Manager - Feature Request

Move multiple selected entries into a new group

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

There is already a feature for this when you select multiple entries in the datastore. right-click and select "Edit>Move to Another Group/Folder" my issue here is that you have to have created the group/folder beforehand. may i suggest, for the sake of convenience, adding a "Create New Group/Folder" option in the Group/Folder dialog so that you do not have to create the folder to move the items into beforehand.

as a bonus use case, in my datastore i have several entries that have the same name(the various Amazon domains) and if you have to many of these the display will get very cluttered. as a bonus suggestion that ties in with the one on top it would be very convenient when you right-click and navigate to "Edit>Move to Another Group/Folder"and when you use the "Create New Group/Folder"option have the Gropu/Folder name pre-filled with the name of the entries. so if i have several ebay entries, going through the process of adding a new group when they are selected would have the default name for the new group/folder filled in as ebay.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I will add your first request to our todo list but for the other one I need more information.

I'm not sure to understand what you want. Could you post a print screen with a mock up?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello David, thank you for adding the first request to your todo appreciate it.

if you see the image attached i've used "Add>Add Group/Folder" in this capture to try and add a new group from the three Ebay.com entries that i've selected. in my request there would be two scenarios:

- if you selected multile entries that had the same name as is the case in the image, the Name field would be filled with the name of the multiple entries
- if the multiple files you selected have different names the Name field would be left blank as is the case now.

also would you consider extending the first feature i requested yesterday to "Add>Add Group/Folder" ? it would be convenient to select one or more entries and use "Add>Add Group/Folder"to move them into a new group/folder.

PVM.png
Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I'm confused. I think we don't use the Add Folder the same way. For me if I select multiple entries it does not change anything. It will prompt me to create the folder in the parent group and the name is empty.

You need to use the Move to another folder and in it's dialog I will allow you to create a new folder.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello David, what i meant was in the proposed feature selecting multiple entries and selecting Add Folder would create a new folder and move the entries you selected into that new folder. the best example i can give you that demonstrates this kind of feature in action is that of creating a new folder from multiple files using the "New Folder with Selection" command in finder on a Mac.
on the name, it would be a convenience feature to go along with the Add Folder feature described above. if you select multiple entries with the same name like i showed in the mock up, the Add Folder dialog would have the name field filled with the name of the entries you selected.

Clock4 yrs

Ok,
I had misunderstood your initial request.

Thank you for the details

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

no problem and thank you for this platform. it is great to be able to communicate our desires to the dev team directly.

Clock4 yrs