Forum / Remote Desktop Manager IOS - Support

Unable to connect to host

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is there a way for me to find more information about why an RDP connection is failing? I'm using sessions from my Devolution Online Drive (which connect on my Windows computer) but the iOS app just says "Unable to connect to host". Using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on the iPad I can connect to those servers using the same connection settings and credentials, so I know it's not a connectivity issue.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Curtis,

Do you connect using the IP Address or the computer name? If you are using the computer name could you try to connect using the computer's IP address?

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I've tried both the computer name and the IP address but receive the same error. Using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app I'm able to connect using either method.

Use a network utility app on the iPad I'm able to resolve the host names of the machines and ping them.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Do you have a gateway configured in your connection?

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

There are no RD gateways configured for any of those connections. If it's helpful for troubleshooting I could try it using our RD gateway.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

I don't think using a RD Gateway would make a difference but you can still try.

Is possible to export and send me via private message the session with all the sensitive information removed?

I want to make sure there are no settings in it we don't actually support on iOS.

Can you also send us your application logs. You can send it with the app in Settings -> Logs

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi -

Was any resolution provided in that case - im Trying to connect from my RDM to an IPAD using IP adress - and im getting the same error - "Unable to connecto to host"

Any sugestions ?

Clock29 days

Hi,

Are you trying to connect to a Windows server via with RDM on your IPad?

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock29 days

Hi

No

Im trying to connect to an IPAD from RDM which is running on WIndows Server 2016

im trying (if possible ) do remote support for an IPAD

KR
Michal

Clock29 days

Hi,

This is not possible. With RDM IOS you can connect from your IPad or IPhone to a Windows Server but you cannot connect the other way.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock29 days

Ok thx smile

Clock29 days