Forum

Posts by Ferd (Ferd)

Ferd
Ferd

I have tried the fix in the latest beta, but it's a horrible solution. Having to remember to press Control to perform a proper reconnect is a pain, and when I do this the screen app refreshes in a weird way and cause the PC to make a notification sound several times so it feels like an error.

Can we have as you first suggested simply an option to switch back to the old way for re-connection?

4 yrs [RESOLVED] Reconnect not always working
Ferd
Ferd

Thanks, as it sounds like the "Smart Reconnect" is not so smart wink What does make it "smart" then? I would have thought detecting a previous session and auto-reconnecting to it would be one of it's abilities.

Ferd
Ferd

Not sure if I'm on a beta even though that option is ticked, but I just received 11.5.5.0 (using 64bit), and I noticed that if my remote session to any Windows server (2008 or 2012), is locked that the reconnect option no longer works and just shows me the list of currently logged in accounts. If I try reconnect having logged in or close the session and then open a new session the reconnect works, it only fails if the session is locked and is still connected.

Ferd
Ferd

Thanks

4 yrs Can RDM remember the tab order of previously opened sessions?
Ferd
Ferd

Am I missing a setting somewhere that can tell RDM when reopening my previously opened sessions to restore them in the same tab order as before? It's annoying that they always come back in a re-sorted order and not how I had left them when I closed the application.

4 yrs Can RDM remember the tab order of previously opened sessions?
Ferd
Ferd

I just upgraded another system from 11.0.20.0 to 11.0.23.0 the newer version that's supposed to fix this - it kind of did, but reset my view from Menu to Ribbon but at least it didn't trash my entire configuration this time (though I kept a local copy of the cfg before the update this time).

4 yrs All settings lost when upgrading from 11.0.20.0 to 11.0.21.0
Ferd
Ferd

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
Do you all use the classic UI or ribbon disabled?

I just set the UI to "Default (Menu)".

Ferd
Ferd

thorsten wrote:

Taomyn wrote:
I just upgraded to 11.0.22.0 and the same thing has happened. Lost all my settings, 32bit and 64bit (I normally use the latter), application has reverted to trial and thinks it's the Enterprise version which I didn't have before.

Don't close RDM and save your .cfg file before it's too late... Good luck!

Thanks too late though, but I recovered it from backups. Did the same and deleted "<DisableRibbon>true</DisableRibbon>" from the cfg and now it's back and running.

Was this a beta release because that's what I am updating from, happy to help testing, but if it wasn't a beta release why did this change get put into release without going through beta first?

Ferd
Ferd

I just upgraded to 11.0.22.0 and the same thing has happened. Lost all my settings, 32bit and 64bit (I normally use the latter), application has reverted to trial and thinks it's the Enterprise version which I didn't have before.

Ferd
Ferd

I'm unable to use our McAfee Gateway web interface as a browser entry in RDM because the console (java based) complains that popups are not allowed.

How do I configure this? I tried with both IE 11 and Chrome (on Windows 8.1) and both behave the same way.

5 yrs How do I configure allowed popups for browser entries?
Ferd
Ferd

When are we going to get an update to fix this?

It's like working with Windows v3, it's not 1999, I hit update and I can't even work while it downloads in the background.

6 yrs Please fix modal/immoveable/on-top windows
Ferd
Ferd

Thanks for the prompt response/fix.

6 yrs RDM 10.0.1.0 - "RDP reconnect doesn't login"
Ferd
Ferd

I just updated to 10.0.1.0 and both x32 and x64 versions (Windows 8.1), if I right-click the tab of an RDP session and choose "Reconnect", it disconnects/reconnects but doesn't log back in with the saved credentials. I now have to close the tab and then connect again.

It used to do this with v9x.

6 yrs RDM 10.0.1.0 - "RDP reconnect doesn't login"
Ferd
Ferd

Why does RDM insist on using so many modal windows? During start-up it's impossible to be doing anything else as all it's windows force themselves to be the foreground and can't be put to the back or minimised. Attached is a prime example where during the upgrade I can't work on another app, let alone open my previous sessions so I can continue to have the saved after the update otherwise RDM is closed before they can be opened and I lose them all.

RDM+Modal+problems

6 yrs Please fix modal/immoveable/on-top windows
Ferd
Ferd

Thanks for fixing the issue, just updated to 9.4.7.0 and tested that my sessions are saved when the dashboard is switched off.

Now if you can just stop the application taking full focus all the time e.g. during the update download, the dialogue shows above all other windows on system not only RDM.

6 yrs [FIXED][9.4.3.0] No longer opens previous sessions
Ferd
Ferd

Thanks, your workaround resolves the problem.

Ferd
Ferd

Done

Ferd
Ferd

Clipboard01%5b1%5d

Ferd
Ferd

At the moment I'm at home and using MySQL - the same has been happening at the office but I use a local data source there.

Ferd
Ferd

Tried it, still the same.

I opened RDM, opened two RDP sessions, hit the close button - it closed both my sessions then asked me if I was sure I wanted to close RDM with open sessions, a bit late a that point as they were already closed. And no, they didn't open the next time.

Ferd
Ferd

I put full logging on and tried it again:

[05/06/2014 21:59:55]INFO HttpListener listing at http://localhost:19443/
[05/06/2014 21:59:55]INFO HttpListener thread started.
[05/06/2014 22:02:11]INFO RDP - Disconnect:1 / exDiscReasonNoInfo
[05/06/2014 22:02:23]INFO HttpListener listing at http://localhost:19443/
[05/06/2014 22:02:23]INFO HttpListener thread started.

Yes, that was all that was logged.

Ferd
Ferd

Doesn't look like any related problems:

[29/05/2014 13:30 - 9.4.3.0 - 32-bit] Error: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.DatabaseConnectionDataSource.GetData(String sql, IDbDataParameter[] parameters)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.DataSources.MySQLConnectionDataSource.GetDataSourceSettings()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.LoadDataSourceSettingsFromDataSource(BaseConnectionDataSource newDataSource)
[31/05/2014 11:20 - 9.4.3.0 - 32-bit] Info: Windows shutdown occurring, closing application.
[04/06/2014 18:57 - 9.4.4.0 - 32-bit] Info: Windows shutdown occurring, closing application.

Ferd
Ferd

Any news on this?

I'm on 9.4.5.0 now and it's still the same - I also noticed when closing down the app I get the warning about closing with open sessions, but before I can even answer I can see my sessions being disconnected any way - maybe this is why they're not being re-opened the next time.

Ferd
Ferd

I checked it when first starting RDM with no sessions and it was empty, so I opened an RDP to a server and checked again:

Clipboard01

I noticed the names do not match, so with the drop down I changed it, closed the dialogue (no save button):

Clipboard02

Closed and reopened RDM but still didn't show me the session manager. I did notice as well a missing translation:

Clipboard03

Ferd
Ferd

I don't recall having set up a "Play list", it was some time ago that I enabled the option to re-open my last opened sessions.

It happens on two systems one that uses a local data source and another that's using MySQL so I do not think it's that.

Ferd
Ferd

Since upgrading to 9.4.3 RDM is no longer re-opening my opened connections from the previous RDM session - the prompt to do so no longer comes up.
edited by Taomyn on 6/11/2014

Ferd
Ferd

David Hervieux wrote:

Sorry I missed that part. I've done a new special build:

http://download.devolutions.net/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.9.2.9.0.zip

Could you give it a try?

Sorry for the delay, I no longer see the error but until there is an update available I cannot fully test it.

6 yrs RDM not working with our proxy
Ferd
Ferd

Taomyn wrote:

I have tried using the system proxy settings and manual settings

6 yrs RDM not working with our proxy
Ferd
Ferd

Only when it starts so far.

6 yrs Installer/Upgrade could do a much better job
Ferd
Ferd

David Hervieux wrote:

Could you give me an example on when this happen? Is it when a connection closed or if you get prompted for a password?

Every morning when I start RDM after logging onto my PC, I start RDM then start other apps but RDM just steals back focus as it shows it's splash screen and then after when it prompts to open previous sessions.

6 yrs Installer/Upgrade could do a much better job