Forum

Posts by dadep (dadep)

dadep
dadep

Hello,
I need to modify all my RDP sessions (configured in many groups). I have not found any way to filter for session type, in order to select only RDP sessions and make a batch edit.

Is there any way to do this ?
I'm using RDM 7.1.1.0 enterprise.

thanks in advance
Regards,
Davide

8 yrs Filter by session type
dadep
dadep

Thank you. It works

8 yrs RDM 7.0.3.0-Create folders/hide credential entries
dadep
dadep

This create a folder under SESSIONS tree and not under CREDENTIALS tree. I I would like to create a folder structure under Credentials.

thank you

dadep
dadep

Hello,
I'm using RDM 7.0.3.0 and I'm unable to create folders/subfolders in Credentials Repository, or hide credential entries. In this way there is no data privacy because all people can view entries.

thanks in advance
regards,
Davide

dadep
dadep

This is a shortcut of vSphere PowerCLI
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -psc "C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\vim.psc1" -noe -c ". \"C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1\""

I have configured session with:
"C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\vim.psc1" -noe -c ". \"C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1\""

The error message I receive is following (sorry, but my o.s. is in italian):

Termine 'C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere' non riconosciuto come nome di cmdlet, funzione, programma eseguibile o file script. Controllare l'ortografia del nome o verificare che il percorso sia incluso e corretto, quindi riprovare.
In riga:1 car:43
+ C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere <<<< PowerCLI\vim.psc1 -noe -c ."C:\Programmi\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\Scripts\Initialize-PowerCLIEnvironment.ps1"
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Programmi\VM...ructure\vSphere:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

It seems a problem with a space in the path, though it is enclosed into "......"

8 yrs How to configure vSphere PowerCLI session ?
dadep
dadep

Hello,
I'm trying to configure vSphere PowerCLI session, but I'm unable to make it working. I'm using a Powershell connection type, but I'm not sure if it is correct.

Does anyone have done this type of session ?

thanks in advance
Regards,
Davide

8 yrs How to configure vSphere PowerCLI session ?
dadep
dadep

Hi,
yes, I was able to install this version, but cannot save server parameters in connection options, and when I save the session, receive a box with following error:

Unexpected error, contact us at remotedesktopmanager.com

NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNEditor.SaveFromControls()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.VPN.FreAddOnVPNSettings.SaveFromControls(VPNConnection vpnConnection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionSettings.FreVPNConnectionSettings.SaveConnectionFromControls(Connection connection, ConnectionType connectionType, String connectionSubType)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnection.SaveConnectionFromControls(Connection connection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnection.butOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

thank you for your time

Davide
<em>edited by dadep on 1/10/2012</em>

8 yrs OpenVPN and RDM 6.9.3.0
dadep
dadep

Yes, i still receive the error. I cannot share the datasource because it contains all my customer sessions. I have created a new blank datasource, but OpenVpn vpn type is not available, because the add-on is not installed.
Attached the About screenshot, and here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18702130/RDM_Test.avi you can download a brief video I have recorded from my pc about my problem.

If is still available, can you send me old OpenVpn release, so I try to install it.

thanks

dadep
dadep

I have copied the file in both folders

dadep
dadep

Hi,
no, I'm not able, because the add-on does not appear installed. I also tried to manually copy the add-on (OpenVPNAddOn.dll), but the next time RDM starts, the file is deleted from the folder, and for RDM, it is not installed. It seems to be a loop.....

UPDATE: I have also uninstalled RDM with Revo Uninstaller (that cleans folders and registry); manually deleted remaining folders; reinstalled RDM. the first thing occurs is the Add-on Manager pop up asking to install Openvpn. upsetupsetupset
edited by dadep on 1/9/2012

2nd UPDATE: I have solved the annoying pop-up problem setting the MISSING ADD-ON DIRECTIVE to "do nothing", but is impossible to install the OpenVpn add-on (and I cannot use my RDM remote sessions using it).
<em>edited by dadep on 1/9/2012</em>

dadep
dadep

Hello
I have a problem with OpenVpn add-on and RDM 6.9.3.0.
Every time I start the application, Add-On manager ask me to install this add-on (and only this), even if I choose the INSTALL button.
I have completely reinstalled from fresh RDM, but the problem still occurs

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Davide

dadep
dadep

Hello,
first of all Happy New Year. Now I've installed latest beta 6.9.2.0 (overwriting bin files in my install dir). I have problems with Add-On Manager and plug-ins. Every time RDM starts, a pop-up ask me to install OpenVPN plug-in, but even if I select to install, it is never installed. The same, except for the startup pop-up, occurs with other plug-ins (Office, pdf, Visio).

Thanks in advance
regards,
Davide

8 yrs Remote Desktop Manager 7.0 Beta
dadep
dadep

I have set up one SQL instance, but I didn't understand ho to import sessions from local datasource. I have a lot, and don't want to reconfigure all by hand

thank you
Davide

8 yrs Read only user
dadep
dadep

Hello,
I must to expose to external users my RDM, and I'll avoid that these people destroy or modify my sessions.
Is possible to configure any read-only user into RDM, so that it can only run sessions ?

thanks in advance
regards,
Davide

8 yrs Read only user
dadep
dadep

Hi,
now it's working. Thank you for your job.

Davide

9 yrs OpenVPN Session problem with OpenVN 2.0.9
dadep
dadep

Hi,
Is not working, but I have found the problem.
The RDM addon write the <connection> and </connection> raws, that are not correctly interpreted by openvpn engine. If you want to try, create the openvpn configuration inside RDM and run the created config file directly from openvpn and you get the error message.
If you modify the config file removing <connection> and </connection>, it works.

client
<connection>
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2481 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = ip address)
proto udp
</connection>
dev tun
proto udp
ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key

dadep
dadep

Hi,
I've done, but now it seems doesn't works the SAVE button in the Add Host window of the new Addon, instead, the CANCEL button is working.

dadep
dadep

With the new addon I've got following errors.

InvalidOperationException - There was an error generating the XML document.

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o)
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNConfiguration.ToXml()
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNEditor.SaveFromControls()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.VPN.FreAddOnVPNSettings.SaveFromControls(VPNConnection vpnConnection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionSettings.FreVPNConnectionSettings.SaveConnectionFromControls(Connection connection, ConnectionType connectionType, String connectionSubType)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnection.SaveConnectionFromControls(Connection connection)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmConnection.butOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------

InvalidCastException - Unable to cast object of type 'RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNConfiguration' to type 'RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNConfiguration'.

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterOpenVPNConfiguration.Write4_OpenVPNConfiguration(Object o)

dadep
dadep

--disable-occ Don't output a warning message if option inconsistencies are detected between peers.

attached my RDM OpenVpn session

This is the RDM session file

client
<connection>
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2481 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = ip address)
proto udp
</connection>
dev tun
proto udp
ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key
<em>edited by dadep on 3/24/2011</em>

dadep
dadep

The error is

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in client.ovpn:2: <connection> (2.0.9)
Use --help for more information.

the external command is:
openvpn --disable-occ --config client.ovpn

where client.ovpn is:

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2481 (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is ip address of vpn server)
ca ca.crt
cert client-cert.crt"
key client-key.key"
ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo
verb 3
<em>edited by dadep on 3/23/2011</em>

dadep
dadep

Hello,
I have installed OpenVPN 2.0.9 and I can use my .ovpn file outside of RDM, but when I configure (manually, not importing) the OpenVpn session in RDM, I always receive following error:

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in myfile.ovpn:2: <connection> (2.0.9)
Use --help for more information.

Any Idea ?

thanks in advance
regards
Davide
<em>edited by dadep on 3/16/2011</em>

dadep
dadep

Thank you
Davide

9 yrs Add-on for Checkpoint SSL Network Extender VPN
dadep
dadep

It is initiated typing a url in the browser, like this https://192.168.10.10/extender.html, exactly like the picture I have attached. Actually I have setup a browser session, but cannot autofill username/password fields.

dadep
dadep

Hello,
I have a customer using Checkpoint SSL Network Extender VPN, that use browser to login. Is there any specific RDM add-on or is possible to configure some existing session type (i.e. browser session) ?
thanks in advance
regards
Davide

dadep
dadep

Ok, don't worry. Thank you very much and congratulations for your job.

regards
Davide

9 yrs Visio addon does not works with Visio 2007
dadep
dadep

Hi,
no I have not tried to install the viewer, because I would use the addon to open visio document to modify it.

dadep
dadep

I have send you an email, however no errors, but only the box telling to download Visio 2010 viewer.

dadep
dadep

Hello,
I have on my notebook Visio 2007 full (not only the viewer). Is possibile to make this addon compatible with this release of Visio ?

Davide

dadep
dadep

Hello,

I've tried with another pc with pdf-Xchange and your add-on is working. Now I try to reinstall pdf viewer on the other computer.

thank you again for your job.
Regards,
Davide

10 yrs PDF Addon only works with Acrobat Reade ?
dadep
dadep

I have tried.
The button OPEN#1 generate the attached error. The button OPEN#2 do nothing.

thanks

10 yrs PDF Addon only works with Acrobat Reade ?