Forum

Posts by STGdb (STGdb)

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

I installed the (.7) BETA on my home system and it launches properly. Looks like the issue is isolated to something on my work system. I'm going to start another thread to discuss this further.

7 yrs VMware Synchronizer - VM Tags
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Yes, the directory was created and it still is there now (and there are files in it) - I've removed the (.7) BETA and installed the (.6) BETA.

I'm using the EXE to install (not the ZIP file).

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Tried the BETA (.7) and it kept crashing on me. I tried to reboot, run as Administrator, reinstall (fresh install) and same thing. I had to roll back to BETA (.6).

DllNotFoundException - Unable to load DLL 'xpcom.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

at Se7enSoft.MozNet.NativeMethods.XPComNative.NS_CStringContainerInit(ACString container)
at Se7enSoft.MozNet.ACString..ctor()
at Se7enSoft.MozNet.ACString..ctor(String value)
at Se7enSoft.MozNet.Xpcom.XpCom_Init()
at Se7enSoft.MozNet.Xpcom.Initialize()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.MozNetHelper.LoadXulRunner()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.MozNetHelper.Initialize()
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ApplicationManager.InitializePhaseOne(String[] args, ApplicationDescriptor applicationDescriptor)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Program.Main(String[] args)

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Didn't see how to do it so I'll make a request.

Whenever I open a session from one of my Favorites, the Navigation window always returns to the All Entries tab. It would be nice if I open a session maybe keep the selected pane open that was open (selected). Also, if I have open sessions and I'm in my Favorites window, if I select an already open session from the Dashboard tab, the Navigation pane returns to All Entries and highlights the session that I returned to.

Anyway, not critical items but saves a few clicks here and there.

Thanks in advance

7 yrs Prevent All Entries tab from opening w/ session
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Personal credentials is nice (stores your admin creds) - but is there a way to have more than one?

Maybe create a type of personal credentials that are only available to the user who created them (for storing either locally or in a SQL data source)?

That might even work if you could combine data sources and have more than one available at any time (store shared data in SQL for the team and store personal data in the local data source)?

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Just downloaded and testing the latest BETA. Good that it is available.

Can't wait to test the AD import ability. What would be helpful (if it isn't already there) would be if the AD import feature could maintaining the OU structure from AD (if the import can create sub-groups based on the OU structure). And if it sync's with AD then remove empty groups from RDM.

7 yrs Active Directory sync and fix fav list scrolling
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Thank you very much - I (we) appreciate your quick response. Great app!!!

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

It would be nice if RDM could be set up to sync with AD (maybe upon startup or on demand?). Not just to add new systems but to remove systems that no longer exists in AD. As a team, we have many regular changes in AD so someone could be delegated to update the RDM SQL data source weekly or something. Otherwise we need to make sure the entries get added (and removed) manually. Would be nice if we could also distinguish between workstations and servers on the import (not sure if you can at the moment - not at the office). :-)

Also, my favorites list is longer than my screen height (so I have to scroll). Thing is that when you scroll the favorite list and select one of the systems, it "refreshes" the list (I guess) and automatically returns the favorites list back to the home position. That's OK unless I have to scroll down the list again (and again, and again, etc.). Can the auto "refresh" of the favorites list be turned off? Or maybe change the position of the groups/systems in the favorites list (where they are displayed in the list).

Thanks in advance,
STGdb