Forum

Posts by STGdb (STGdb)

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

I found out how to "expand" the tree in the new Favorites window, but is there a way so that the Favorites don't show up grouped in folders? Maybe grouped by type (RDP, SSH, VMware, etc.)?

Thanks

4 yrs RDM 11.1.15.0 BETA Favorites
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Good morning. I wanted to follow up on an issue that I've been having (since the update to RDM mentioned in this thread).
Basically, in the mornings, my system launches RDM (command line) via a PowerShell script at login time. The PS script runs (via the Windows startup group) so I don’t have to launch a bunch of programs every morning (and I can launch the script manually, if needed). Prior to the RDM update from this thread, the script would run and at the end of it, the script window would close and the programs it launched would remain open (up and running). Since the RDM update (which resolved a RDM command-line issue), RDM launches (as expected), connects to the SQL data source and establishes the desired RDP session. However, the PS script window remains open and shows the following:

RDM+command+line+launching+issue

If I CTRL-C to exit the PS window, RDM closes (no matter what state RDM is in, RDP session established, sitting idle, etc.). If I leave the PS window open and exit RDM, the PS script window closes. If I launch RDM (within a data source or command line) via the startup PS script, this behavior doesn’t occur (the PS window closes and RDM remaining up and running). I’ve found that launching the PS script manually, the issue doesn’t occur.
If I manually run the following (from an admin PS window), I get the same results (but have to press ENTER to clear the PS window (but it doesn’t force RDM to close):
If (-Not (Get-Process RemoteDesktopManager* -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue))
{
"RDM (64-bit) not running"
$argList = " /DataSource: (removed) /Session: (removed)"
Start-Process "C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager64.exe" -argumentlist $argList -WindowStyle maximized
}
I’m guessing something changed to resolve the command-line issue that was originally mentioned in this thread. Might any of those changes have caused this behavior to occur? Is this something that can be easily resolved, it is possibly a PS issue and not an RDM issue or is it something that is just going to happen because of the changes made?
BTW – I’ll forward the entire script to you (if you want), just send me a private message for me to respond to.

Thanks

4 yrs Error launching 11.1.4.0 BETA from the command line
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Just wanted to follow up - updated to 11.1.6.0 and the issue is resolved for me. Thanks for resolving it so quickly - good work!!

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

When I try to run RDM (for Windows 7 x64) from the command line (Run as Administrator), I am receiving a popup error message. I sent the error report (so you may have received it already)., but I wanted to post about it also just in case you don't receive the error report.

RDM+error+launching+session

So I launch RDM daily in the morning and it worked fine up until today. Yesterday morning I was using 11.1.3.0 BETA but I upgraded to 11.1.4.0 BETA yesterday also (this morning is my first attempt at running 11.1.4.0 from the command line). The issue seems to occur with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of RDM 11.1.4.0. I can run the following command successfully ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.exe") - and the 64-bit command works also, but if I give it a data source and/or session to launch (via the command line), I get the error (I'm using a SQL data source on the network). If I already have RDM open and running and try the same command line that fails, RDM works and opens the session successfully with no error. The command line that I am using is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.exe" /DataSource:xxx /Session:xxx
(I've replaced the data source and session information with "xxx" for security purposes)

I've tried different sessions, etc., and get the same result. I've attached a screen capture of the error that I receive and a text of the same error (so that you can copy/paste the error text).

BTW - Normally I use the EXE to install updates to RDM but for 11.1.3.0, I had to use the ZIP file for the install. For 11.1.4.0 yesterday, I used the EXE for the install (not sure if this caused the issue or not).

Thanks

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Thanks - if you can, that is great otherwise no worries. The larger font is OK.

4 yrs Error installing 11.1.1.0 BETA
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Much better, larger font than it was originally, but I like it. Works for me - thank you!!

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Thanks for the update (11.1.3.0 BETA). Downloaded and installed OK and the Favorites now show the group folder name, but it shows the name for each favorite entry (so the list is much larger now - before it grouped them together and only showed the group folder name once). Plus (for me), selecting "list" doesn't place them in a list (up and down) but in a list (across). I have to scroll left/right to select entries now. If I select tile, details or large icons, the favorites show vertically. Selecting "list" shows the favorites horizontally.

Thanks

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

RDM BETA 11.1.2.0 downloaded without an issue and installed successfully. Good work and thank you!!

All I have to figure out now is the Favorites issue. They still appear as a "List" and ungrouped. Previously (pre-11.1.1.0), they were much smaller icons and they were grouped based on their group folder. Now, they are larger (and scroll off the screen) and even though they are still sorted based on group folder, the group folder name doesn't show.

Thanks again

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Downloaded and installed. Launches OK (haven't tried it yet). Noticed that the Favorites isn't shown in groups any longer. Guess I need to find how to put it back into groups (i.e., organized by folders)?

But I copied 11.1.1.0 over and it seems OK. Not sure if that will impact future upgrades or not (since I didn't use the Windows Installer this time)?

Thanks for your help and quick response (as always)!!

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Sure, can you send me the link? Would the MSI work also?

Thanks

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

I've downloaded the 11.1.1.0 BETA multiple times. I receive an invalid signature error with the download (see attached image). I've received that error with previous downloads and run the install without issue. However, this time (with 11.1.1.0), I am not able to install it. I receive an error that the file is corrupt (see other attached image).

RDM+11.1.1.0+idownload+issue

RDM+11.1.1.0+install+issue

The error in the log is:

MSI (s) (B8:60) [10:16:27:301]: SECREPAIR: Failed to open the file:C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Devolutions inc\Remote Desktop Manager\install\disk1.cab for computing its hash. Error:2
MSI (s) (B8:60) [10:16:27:301]: SECUREREPAIR: Failed to CreateContentHash of the file: disk1.cab: for computing its hash. Error: 2

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Completely missed that...

I have the playlist and reconnect buttons in my Quick Access toolbar

4 yrs New ribbon on 11.0.21.0
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Yes, works like a champ. Thanks for the quick reply (as usual). You all are good!!

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Good morning. Just upgraded to RDM v11.0.21.0 (BETA) and immediately see the difference with the updated look for the ribbon. Unfortunately, I can't see the items in my Quick Access toolbar now and the three buttons in the upper right corner (minimize, close, etc.) have increased in size (and now that they are larger, it conflicts with my Actual Windows Manager tool - which is a desktop manager and places items in that area also). Is there any option available to revert back to using the previous ribbon bar format? I looked (and might have missed it) but didn't see anything in the options.

Thanks

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Nice - I like it. Thanks for the continual updates!!
edited by STGdb on 8/6/2015

5 yrs RDM 10.9.8.0 BETA upgrade
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Checking for the latest version (from within RDM 10.9.7.0) reports that it is up to date. It isn't detecting that the 10.9.8.0 BETA is available (and the website show 10.9.7.0 BETA). Also the forum thread posting titled Remote Desktop Manager 11 Beta shows the 10.9.8.0 BETA link in the first post in that thread from 05/20/15 and also at the end of the thread in the most recent post from today (it looks like the first post in the thread was edited).

Thanks

5 yrs RDM 10.9.8.0 BETA upgrade
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Just sent you a private message with details

5 yrs Unable to export Options
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

I just downloaded and installed 10.9.7.0 BETA and (as part of my normal weekly process at the end of the week), I exported the RDM options out to a file (for backup purposes) - after the upgrade. The last time that I ran the Options export was last Friday (and it worked OK). After installing the new BETA just now, I tried to do the export several times and it kept crashing RDM. I tried running RDM as an admin, etc., same result (spinning wheel and hung RDM), had to kill the process. It works OK now (I made a change to a setting, the PING Online setting) and because I changed an option I was able to then export my Options. Not sure if the change wrote out a configuration file or what it did that caused the export to start working.

One thing that I noticed when I first launched RDM after the upgrade was that there was an icon that appeared quickly in my Win7 taskbar then disappeared. Not sure what that was, but I haven't seen it before (maybe updating one of the RDM components is what I am thinking)?

So anyway, it works, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Have a good day!!

5 yrs Unable to export Options
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Thanks - tested and it works great again. Have a great weekend!!

5 yrs RDM 10.9.2.0 prompting for credentials
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Kewl - thanks

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Good morning. With the latest RDM Beta (Windows, 10.9.2.0), it is now prompting me for my credentials whenever I RDP into a Windows system. It had worked fine in 10.9.1.0 and didn't prompt me for creds but after upgrading this morning, now it prompts for me to enter my personal credentials again. I'm thinking that this is a setting on the servers that I am connecting to (a GPO security thing) and I'm going to investigate that, but I wondered if something changed in respects to credential management/storage in the latest RDM 10.9.2.0 BETA?

I've tried a few things already (changing from inherited to the my personal credentials setting, changing the RDP type to 7, 6, etc., updating the personal credentials information, stuff like that).

Thanks

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Thanks. I made the change and when I ran the update check, it worked as expected and saw the latest BETA release. The only thing was that the file (RemoteDesktopManager.cfg) was actually in the following directory tree:

%AppData%\Local\Devolutions\RemoteDesktopManager

But we’re all good. Look for the fix in the next BETA. Thanks again

5 yrs RDM incorrectly detecting that it is the current version
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Good morning. I have RDM 10.5.4.0 installed on my work system. I have the option enabled to check for updates (including BETA) and it has worked fine up until recently (I just realized that it isn’t working). When I select to “Check version” from within RDM (tested with both x86 and x64 flavors), a popup message informs me that “Your current version is up to date”. However, Devolutions currently offers RDM 10.5.6.0 (BETA) for download. The update check last worked when updating to 10.5.4.0. I’ve disabled the update check completely and then enabled it again and I’ve also tried changing the option to check for BETA’s and reverting back, but I end up with the same results. This happened once before (sort of) and the issue at that time was that the new version needed to be updated on the Devolutions site so that the RDM client recognized that the update was available. However, I don’t think that this is the same issue as before because my RDM client at home recognized that the update was available earlier this morning and I was able to install it successfully via RDM (clicking the UPDATE button). For some reason, my RDM client at home updated but an hour later my RDM client at work didn’t detect the update.

Thanks much
edited by STGdb on 5/1/2015

5 yrs RDM incorrectly detecting that it is the current version
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Got the update and installed/tested - issue resolved.

Thanks

5 yrs RDM command line no longer working for RDP sessions
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

No worries - thanks for the follow up / update!!

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

I am using RDM 10.1.13.0 (BETA). A few versions back (maybe 10.1.10.0 or 10.1.11.0), the command-line stopped working and I dismissed it at the time (hoping that it would be resolved in the next release). However, I just recently updated again and it still isn’t working. I have tried using both RDM 32-bit and RDM 64-bit but I experience the same results. I have a MS SQL 2008 R2 data source on a server. I am using a normal RDM command-line (by copying it from the Advanced page of the session) to try and open a RDP session (please note that the DataSource and Session data shown below were changed for security reasons):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.exe" /DataSource:ABC /Session:XYZ

If RDM is not running, the command-line will launch RDM but won’t open the RDP session. If RDM is already running, it will switch the Windows focus to RDM and bring it to the forefront but RDM still won’t launch the RDP session. I have tried using different RDP sessions and have the same results.

If I use other types of sessions (VMware, SCP, PuTTy, etc.), they all work with RDM – it is just RDP sessions no longer seem to be working. Interesting how these other session types don’t actually start RDM but only open up the requested session.

And the RDP sessions that won’t start when using the RDM command-line, they work fine when using the Web URL (although the data source is different with the Web URL??). But I use the following command-line from a Windows command prompt and it works correctly for RDP sessions (it doesn’t matter whether RDM is already running or not):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iExplore.Exe" “rdm://open?DataSource=ABC&Session=XYZ”

Also, I still have not figured out why RDM doesn’t return to the command prompt after launching from the command-line (this isn’t anything new for RDM). When I launch RDM in a command prompt window, I have to press ENTER once to get back to a command prompt.

Thanks
edited by STGdb on 3/11/2015

STGdb
STGdbExpert user

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I've just checked and seem to work for me. I know that Maurice has fixed an issue where the personal credentials was saved at the wrong location. Could you verify if you can re-save them again?

Thank you both for the info. I didn't want to make any changes before I got feedback from you all. So I went ahead and re-entered my personal credentials again (selecting the username/password option from the choice of credential possibilities) and then I tested RDM (restarting RDM, rebooting my PC, etc.), and following the various tests, my personal credentials seem to work properly like they did before. So I'm going to guess that everything is OK and they just had to be re-entered after installing the most recent update for some reason.

Thanks again
edited by STGdb on 2/14/2015

5 yrs Problem with personal credentials in 10.1.10.0 BETA
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

I just upgraded to the latest BETA (10.1.10.0) and My Personal Credentials are gone. When I try to set them again in RDM, it takes me to the default "Add a New Credential" entry screen. My day is over and I'm heading home, but please check this issue (sounds generic so I'm guessing you can probably duplicate?). I'm using a SQL DB data source.

Thanks

5 yrs Problem with personal credentials in 10.1.10.0 BETA
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Whenever we open a new RDP session in RDM (especially when opening multiple RDP sessions via a playlist), RDM always sets the focus to the new session (TAB) that is opened. Is it possible to create an option in RDM (configurable to user's choice) so that RDM doesn't change focus whenever a new session is opened (at least for playlists)?

Thanks either way,
STGdb

5 yrs New tab always gets focus when opening RDP sessions
STGdb
STGdbExpert user

Will do

5 yrs RDM Session Entries disappear