Forum

Posts by Martin_ (Martin_)

Martin_
Martin_

Is there a wildcard for searching? Here's my scenario:

~100 RDM entries with Wayk Now sub-entries each of which is tagged with "Wayk Now".

I want to use Dynamic Folders to dynamically pull everything with the aforementioned tag.

However, if I leave the search field (in the Dynamic Folder entry) blank, it pulls nothing. I don't have anything unique I can put into the folder that doesn't also pull in the RDM parent entries.

If there was a wildcard, I could pull any entry with xyz tag. Possible?

9 mths Smart Folders in RDM 2019.1 beta
Martin_
Martin_

Possible to implement option for chat to be in a separate window? Right now (within RDM) it is at the bottom with no option to open externally.

9 mths Pop-out Wayk Now chat window?
Martin_
Martin_

Adding another possible bug...

The colored borders around an open session appear to be stuck at 1 pixel, despite being set to 5, or anything else. I'm using the black theme.

imageimage

However, when the session is opening and it 'flickers' I can briefly see the desired border width. I've closed / re-opened RDM several times, and changed the border thickness multiple times.

9 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Martin_
Martin_

Is this a bug or expected behavior? When using the advanced search within the navigation tree, WaykNow is missing as a connection type. I have a number of WaykNow connections in the database, however they are all child entries of RDP connections.

9 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Martin_
Martin_

Thanks!

9 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
Martin_
Martin_

Understood. I have tried it. Just wanted to combine the best of both. Thank you.

9 mths RDM 2019.1 black theme request
Martin_
Martin_

Can the option be added to choose a custom color for the background of the navigation UI? I like the black theme but would like to add a little contrast to the background; maybe a lighter shade of grey.

9 mths RDM 2019.1 black theme request
Martin_
Martin_

Hello,

A couple small bugs I noticed in the latest beta:

• Under Home tab, View section, right clicking any of the icons and pinning to top menu bar, the iconography looks like this:
  • The navigation pane UI is still bugged. Ticket Devo-1523

9 mths RDM 2019.1 bugs
    Martin_
    Martin_

Are you guys still looking for feedback on the proposed on-prem solution? I have some requests.

9 mths Wayk Den
    Martin_
    Martin_

You guys are great! Thanks Erica and Jeff for the helpful suggestions.

11 mths automate 'load from inventory'
    Martin_
    Martin_

Is it possible to do a 'load from inventory' periodically and silently update all RDP entries, to get current IP addresses, etc?

11 mths automate 'load from inventory'
    Martin_
    Martin_

When installing beta 8, the wayk now service again could not be stopped and the installation eventually times out. As you mentioned before, killing the 'nowservice.exe' allowed the wayknow service to stop, and the next installation attempt was successful.

2 yrs Wayk 3.0.0 beta 6
    Martin_
    Martin_

I've noticed that when I am away from my PC and possibly when RDM locks after a given time, the ability to edit any entry in my list no longer functions.

For instance, the pencil icon at the top left of the application is visible, but doesn't result in any response. Right clicking an entry and attempting to edit displays a greyed out menu. Not sure when this started..

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

Ability to choose directory for file transfers within WaykNow?

2 yrs Ability to configure download location
    Martin_
    Martin_

I haven't received beta 7 - I was only uninstalling beta 6 in order to reinstall. When I uninstalled the service, which was previously running, hung indefinitely. I performed this locally. WaykNow.exe was not running, only the service.

2 yrs Wayk 3.0.0 beta 6
    Martin_
    Martin_

Couple things I noticed

• during an uninstall of beta 6, the unattended access service hung, and refused to stop, delaying the uninstall indefinitely
    • when WaykNow captures keyboard input for the remote PC, it reproduces it on both client and host. For example, win+r opens the run prompt on both PCs.

2 yrs Wayk 3.0.0 beta 6
    Martin_
    Martin_

Hello, just checking if there has been any progress on this one.

2 yrs Multiple YubiKey support
    Martin_
    Martin_

Alexandre Roy wrote:

@M M

Do you have a private vault set to a DOD file on one of your datasource ?

What kind of datasource are you using ?

In the ribbon > File > Cloud Account > Sign in, is automatically sign-in at startup is checked up with the right password ?

Best regards,

I think I realized / resolved what was creating this issue. I had all the options selected properly as you mention above - however, I had two data sources; one DOD file and one local datasource. The DOD file had all the proper settings, but the local file was not using DOD credentials. Even though RDM was defaulting to the DOD datasource, I think this conflict was triggering a prompt for my credentials.

I removed the local datasource and it disappeared.

Edit: spoke too soon - it's back.

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

It would be nice to be able to extend each of the sections. For instance, 'More Tools' contains a collapsed sub-menu of numerous tools, and there is a lot of unused dead space to the very right. It would be nice of us (particularly with ultrawide monitors) to be able to extend the vertical separators so that all items are displayed fully.

2 yrs Allow widening of the ribbon categories
    Martin_
    Martin_

It would be nice to be able to expand the ribbbon sections of each tab to fully display all the items that otherwise go into a sub-menu, such as 'More Tools' under the 'Tools' tab.

2 yrs Allow widening of the ribbon categories
    Martin_
    Martin_

The bug where I am being prompted for my devolutions login every time is still occurring - on one machine it was fixed by deselection 'use default devolutions credentials', but on the others that did not work.

Might be unrelated to the beta.

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

I am on a Dell Laptop (17 7000) but with an Intel HD 620 chip.

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

I'll see if I can reproduce. I do have a laptop with both integrated graphics and a dedicated chip but I believe I am defaulting to the dedicated.

It is one of 3 machines I use RDM on, one of which has a 1080ti (desktop) and the third having integrated graphics (also desktop). So far I have only seen the aforementioned issue on the desktop with integrated graphics as it is my primary workstation.

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

for what its worth i noticed this issue as well. the tabs weren't updating upon switching. i'll see if i can predictably reproduce and upload clip.

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

Some broken iconography in the ribbon. Also, can the items pinned to the ribbon be made moveable / able to drag?

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

In RDM 13.9.1.0 selecting Help>About brings up this pop-up before going to the proper 'About' window.

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

Directly in RDM.

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic30072-multiple-yubikey-support.aspx

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta
    Martin_
    Martin_

Any hope for multiple OTP key support in RDM 14? I believe right now it supports one key, but if that key is lost then access is lost as well. I have two Yubikeys, one as a backup.

2 yrs RDM 14 Beta