Forum

Posts by der_vitti (der_vitti)

der_vitti
der_vitti

We take high use of the filter option down left in RDM. Since ca few Versions the connections are reloaded several times whilt typing in filter conditions (to see in profiler). That causes very slow response of the filter. Perhaps it is possible not to relad the connections so often?

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

6 yrs Slow Filter performance due of reload of all cons
der_vitti
der_vitti

same behaviour in 9.2.0.0
Changing between sessions causes a freeze of RDM for a few seconds, but only if Navigation bar is visible.

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

6 yrs RDM hangs or session hangs when changing session
der_vitti
der_vitti

The profiler do not show any sql communication while switching to another session.
Remotedesktopmanager.log also do not show anything. Debug Level 3071
I currently use 9.1.8.0

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

der_vitti
der_vitti

Andrew, do you mean to deploy VNC Viewer to your local RDM Client or VNC Server to the remote host to connect to?

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

6 yrs Ability to deploy VNC
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
since a few beta versions RDM hangs a few seconds while switching from one session to another. It appears on tabbed and external sessions and only if Navigation Bar is visible or autohidden. Disabling the nagivation bar completely makes session changing fast again. It semms that the session get reloaded from SQL on every session change. because our SQL Server is in a different site and whe have _many_ sessions, this can be really slow.
Would be great to source out the sql communication stuff i a separate thread, RDM also hangs in several other situations "Application not responding" for several seconds while talking to SQL Server.
regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
we have just the same problem on one client with RDM 9.1.0.0 installed.
best regards

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

6 yrs Crashing When Logging Out Of RDP
der_vitti
der_vitti

Thanks a lot!

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

6 yrs Possibility to cleanup/purge connection Log Table?
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
is there any possibility to delete the connection log entries older than x Months? We are using RDM for at least 4 years and our connection log is about 130MB in size...
Or can we safely do this by hand?

Best regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

6 yrs Possibility to cleanup/purge connection Log Table?
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi Stephane, David,
we´re just discussing the use of KeePass vs. RDM Credential Entries. Because the Access to KeePass Entries is not logged we prefer the use of credentials in RDM. Is it possible to implement an Autotype Passwort and Autotype User/Password in the Credential Entry Context Menu? RDP Session Passwords are already stored in RDM and if a session uses a credential entry this access is documented in the log. But how e.g. to lock on to Server Applications with Application or Service Accounts? While in a session we search the credential entry, show the passwort an typing it in the remote Application. A autotype feature would be great at this place, focussing Passwort Field inside the remote session, performing autotype with RDM credential - thats it.

Best regards and many thanks for your great job!
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

6 yrs Credential autotype
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi Guys,
we just discovered a potential bug in Citrix/HDX Session handling:
- If a Config File Name is set but Custom configuration is selected, RDM still tries to find and use the Config file.
If you empty the .ica Filename field and switch back to to custom configuration, everything works fine.
The problems occurs on several RDM Versions, as well in 9.1.0.0
best regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

6 yrs RDM: Config File Usage while custom config is set
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
great news! Thank you!

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

7 yrs Sel. entry on Dashboard and Ctrl-E edits Group
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
Selecting an entry on Dashboard (Entries List) and pressing Ctrl-E edits not the entry but Group/Folder.
(8.9.2.0)
edited by der_vitti on 7/25/2013

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

7 yrs Sel. entry on Dashboard and Ctrl-E edits Group
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
Cisco Anyconnect VPN connect fails to open vpncli if vpngui.exe ist already started. Perhaps you can add a query if vpngui could be terminated...

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

7 yrs Cisco Anyconnect VPN connect fails
der_vitti
der_vitti

Thats it! Thank you for your superfast answer!

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

7 yrs Option to bar out older RDM Versions in Database
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi toghether,
i´m just wondering if theres a way to avoid connections to RDM SQL Database with Client Versions older than X.X
It seems to be the only way to "coax" my colleagues to the newer versions.

(..and i also wonder if i had asked this once before but i can´t find it using forum search...)

best regards

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

7 yrs Option to bar out older RDM Versions in Database
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
i´m using RDM 8.0.9.0. When typing "Strg + F" in a RDP Session, the cursor/focus jumps out of the RDP session an in the Filter input of the RDM session tree....
regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

7 yrs Cursor jumps to filter input when typing Strg-F
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi David,
yes the first thing is so validate the user with AD. The second thing is to store the password settings in the datasource as a akind password policy for all connected clients.
regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

8 yrs Asking for AD credentials to unlock RDM
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
we have the following situation:
RDM is started on a remotesupport-Terminalserver. Every technician is logged in as "Administrator" in this Server, the Server is not part of the production domain.
Therefore RDM has to be startet with "runas" prod.Domain-User and connects to a SQL Server in prod.Domain with "Integrated security".
But if a TerminalServer session is taken over by a colleague (possible because everyone uses Administrator-Account and password) the colleague can use RDM as a foreign user.
If you could impement a feature, that would lock RDM after x minutes and asking for the Password of the user who originally started RDM it would not be possible to use RDM within foreign user context.
This feature must be set global, for all RDM users als clients.
And it would be really nice if RDM can recognize a Termial Session disconnect or a session take over and so will also do a RDM application lock.
It woudl be nice to hear from you about that!

regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

8 yrs Asking for AD credentials to unlock RDM
der_vitti
der_vitti

Just checked: if i add the named user to SQL Security it´s the same problem.

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

8 yrs Ask for SQL Server credentials on startup
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi
yes, that´s rigth, we are prompted for credentials. But interestingly it doesn´t work. When we configure the datasource to integrated security is works find if we are in a Domain Users Profile that is configured in SQL Server to access the database. But when we try prompt for credentials RDM always sais "the database user or password is invalid". We have tried USERNAME, NETBIOSDOMAIN\USERNAME, DNS-DOmanname\username and USERNAME@DNS-Domainname. Nothing works.
We have not every user in SQL Security, but a Domain-Group "RDM Supporters Access".

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

der_vitti
der_vitti

Hey David,
we have the following challenge:
The RDM Database lays on a MS SQL Server in the main forest. But some remote access connections to customers are initiated from terminalservers outside this domain. To be able to log the hits to session and credential entries we cannot put a unique User in the Data Source Entry, everybody has to log in with his own credentials. Perhaps it´s possible to configure the data source to ask for credentials everytime RDM is started? In this way many supporters can use e.g. a "Administrator"-Account on a remote terminal server but everyone has to connect to the data source with it´s own credentials....
kind regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
i tried to rename in the filtered treeview in the result treeview of a search in footer pane.

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

8 yrs Unable to rename Sessions in Footer Pane with F2
der_vitti
der_vitti

Are there other F-Key-Shortcuts? I mean not the normal session pane but the little list window opened from the search bar on botton. Ctrl-E oder Ctrl-Alt-U works. Perhaps the F-Keys are disabled here because users shouldnt be able to change the list view in search bar list?

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi, i´ve just updated to 7.6.3 but even with no opened session i´m not able to rename a session with "F2".
Regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
OK, thanks David!
regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

8 yrs How to use the .rdi file during setup
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
how can we use the .rdi file during RDM Setup? Is there a command line argument for it? We have to move our RDM database and i like to give the users a simple way to update their datasource-config.
Kind regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

8 yrs How to use the .rdi file during setup
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi David,
we use 7.6.1 at the Moment. But i can also update to 7.3...

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
we´re not able to rename sessions in Footer Pane search windows with F2. But the context menu entry for renaming works. It it possible to get F2 also working in this search list?
best regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi David,
great, thank you very much for debugging and the feedback! We´re looking forward to RDM SEVEN ! smile
Kind Regards
Sebastian

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

8 yrs Group selection "Prompt for Credentials" empty
der_vitti
der_vitti

Hi,
no i mean while editing a connection i can´t chosse an existing credential entry from the list because the lst is empty.

We have to add a Group first, then the Credential folders appear.

RDM 13.0.6.0
MS SQL 2016 DataSource
4450 Session entries

8 yrs Group selection "Prompt for Credentials" empty