Forum

Posts by ryan04 (ryan04)

ryan04
ryan04

Thanks Erica, I disabled the cache but the error persists.

It does not matter what type of data source I try to connect to as I've tried creating new datasources with Devolutions Server, SQL, SQLite, and Access. None of the datasources are returned when running Get-RDMDatasource (except default SQLite Local Data Source - which is recreated and not shown in the navigation pane)

3 yrs Powershell : WARNING: Data source not found
ryan04
ryan04

When running the Set-RDMCurrentDatasource I get the message "WARNING: Data source not found".

• Get-RDMDataSource does not show any available datasources except SQLite Local Data Source
  • Deleting the default SQLite connections.db file and running Get-RDMDataSource recreates the file
  • Verified that the base64 encoded command is passing the proper ID when running (RDM CmdLet)
  • Completely uninstalled, deleted program and profile directories, reinstalled (even went to the latest beta)
  • Occurs for all user profiles on the system

I'm able to run the CmdLet from another system without a problem so this isn't a show stopper. Unfortunately, I have all of my development tools installed on this box and would rather not re-image it.

3 yrs Powershell : WARNING: Data source not found
ryan04
ryan04

Apologies for hijacking an old thread but I have a very similar need and am inquiring whether this option was ever implemented (can't seem to find it).

In my environment, we have a large number of sites with a myriad of different network routing, firewall, and DNS configuration issues that would require many different VPN options (in this case we are using RDS and SSH gateways exclusively).

Due to the volume of sessions we have (40k),we are using Host sessions and template lists so the following would not be ideal

• multiple sub-connections on every host session would cause a significant performance penalty
  • maintaining 30+ repositories that all contain the same items (gateway as the only exception) would be a management nightmare... I'm already expecting to break up into multiple repositories once user load increases
  • the template list is already pretty substantial and requires scrolling

Ideally, I'd love to see a prompt to choose a gateway. The gateway option currently allows to choose a group folder (but defaults to first gateway session when chosen).Prompting could build the list dynamically and provide it to the user if they don't have direct access.

... or maybe I'm overthinking and missing something obvious?

3 yrs RDP Gateway and VPN in one session?
ryan04
ryan04

Hi Maurice,

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, I've already been down that road with the audit team... it didn't end well for me. I haven't given up just yet but there are times to pick your battles (in particular... with the audit team). I do really like the custom credential concept and will see what I can come up with. If there is a possibility of an enhancement request, that would be ideal.

In the meantime, I thought I had come up with a solution using a command line template and calling the Open-RDMQuickconnect cmdlet using the -TemplateID of the corresponding session template. I ran into a bit of a snag with this as well. Having the RDM option 'allow multiple instances' enabled, it works... albeit opening up a new instance of RDM and requiring app authentication. Disabling the 'allow multiple instances' has provided a number of different results. Most times nothing happens (can reproduce manually using the embedded RDM Cmdlet tool) and other times it opens a separate grey window with no menus or toolbars even though the template states embedded.

Using a template to call another template is a bit redundant but better than building a new session every time. I'm going to try the script on other systems to see if the Open-QuickConnect issue is specific to this 2012 box. I really need some workaround in the short term... using quickconnect "should" work?

3 yrs Before connect event - terminate session
ryan04
ryan04

I've also noticed that the Get-RDMOpenedSession will hang while the script is executing. As soon as the script is exited, Get-RDMOpenedSession completes.

ryan04
ryan04

Hello,

I have been tasked with providing a solution for a "break glass" audit mechanism within RDM. I've created a powershell script that provides a graphical interface that prompts the user for information (ticket number, description, etc), validates and updates the ticket, injects the information into the session log file, then proceeds to log the technician into the session.

Since the powershell event does not have a "Wait for exit" option, I've compiled it into an executable and use the following command line event on the template.

myexecutable.exe -RDMSession $SESSION_ID$ -RDMName $NAME$

All works as expected except when the user decides to cancel. I cant seem to identify a way to prevent the session from continuing to login the user after the script has exited. I've tried a number of things. I've tried using Close-RDMSession on the cancel button event and while this does close the powershell session, it continues to open a new template session (without completing the validation requirement).

Is there some other way to prevent the session from continuing? I've been staring at this problem too long and need some thoughts outside of my box.

Thanks!